BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Connected Drive App Not Recognising Registered Car

11-16-2018, 05:53 AM   #1
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
This morning, I opened the connected drive app to search for a destination and send to car. To my surprise my car was missing from it.

Once I got into the car, it asked if I want to add the car for full experience. So I decided to go ahead with it. It goes through the process and in the last step, says that the car is already added.

I've not changed the phone or fiddled with connected drive. I deleted the app and tried adding the car again and same result.

Anyone else having issues?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 06:55 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

No issues for me to date. But mubconnect plus subscription ran out the other week leaving me with the standard stuff ( which I am fine with)

Car on mine still there ( just checked) but I've not been able to send a destination to the car for sometime, states it has been sent but never appears in notifications on the idrive.

Odd but I guess you could try deleting the app and installing again (bmw will probably say the same before they start investigating).

If that's doesn't solve it suggest call to bmw 'genius'
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      11-16-2018, 10:53 AM   #3
Itsme
Rep
Drives: G31 520d

I've had this a couple of times in the 4 months I've had the car. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it (haven't upgrades iOS or app before it happening). It's probably happened 3 or 4 times now and all I do is leave it for the day, try later or the next day and it seems to sort itself out without any input.
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      11-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
No issues for me to date. But mubconnect plus subscription ran out the other week leaving me with the standard stuff ( which I am fine with)

Car on mine still there ( just checked) but I've not been able to send a destination to the car for sometime, states it has been sent but never appears in notifications on the idrive.

Odd but I guess you could try deleting the app and installing again (bmw will probably say the same before they start investigating).

If that's doesn't solve it suggest call to bmw 'genius'
Done the delete and reinstall. So the next step is to remove the car via the computer and add again but I'll wait to see if it corrects itself.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #5
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I've had this a couple of times in the 4 months I've had the car. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it (haven't upgrades iOS or app before it happening). It's probably happened 3 or 4 times now and all I do is leave it for the day, try later or the next day and it seems to sort itself out without any input.
Thanks for that tip. I'm going to give it a day or two to see if it sorts itself out.
Appreciate 0