BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery M550i ordered

04-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #89
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xDrive

Garage List
So the car arrived at the VPC on Monday 4/8 and is estimated to leave on 4/13. It is expected to arrive at the dealer on Monday 4/15. Hope to take delivery next week!
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 3
MoeMo87183.50
lago1974166.00
      04-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #90
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastula View Post
So the car arrived at the VPC on Monday 4/8 and is estimated to leave on 4/13. It is expected to arrive at the dealer on Monday 4/15. Hope to take delivery next week!
Awesome, looking forward to the pics!

Congratulations!
Appreciate 1
bastula181.50
      04-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #91
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Does BMW genius know whether or not the vehicle is on the ship or do they also have the delay in update as well?

My car reached the port on 4/5/19 and there was a ship leaving on 4/7/19 and 4/9/19. Again when I checked online, it still shows my car is at port.

However, I called BMW Genius on 4/9/19 at 8:30 P.M. to see if they might have any additional information. They said my car is at port still waiting for a vessel assignment.

So I'm pretty sure my car has not made either of the two ships since this is the update I received from the phone call.

Just wanted to know if BMW genius also have some delay with receiving information or it's pretty much accurate?
It might be accurate. My car sat for essentially 2 weeks at the port. I was calling the Genius about every 2 days. They didn't get any updated info until 2 days after the car left the port. I really think this is because of the worldwide release of the 3 series, especially the M340i. So there are just too many cars coming off the line and there's a big backlog.
My heart just dropped to my stomach

All hope has just been lost for my delivery in April!!

I need to find a way to forget about this ASAP and should probably start doing some yoga or some meditation
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 06:48 AM   #92
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M550i, '17 Silverado

Garage List
Quote:

I need to find a way to forget about this ASAP and should probably start doing some yoga or some meditation
Ditto.... Not giving me the warm fuzzies as mine has been at 'Production Begins' for seven days. Oh wait, I just checked again and... it's in the paint booth!

But all the delays y'all are seeing at port and VPC are not making me lose hope of delivery in May...
      04-11-2019, 06:49 AM   #93
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's great news! Happy for ya!
      04-11-2019, 07:41 AM   #94
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

Quote:
Does BMW genius know whether or not the vehicle is on the ship or do they also have the delay in update as well?
I'm not sure how accurate anyone's info is. But BMW genius probably has the most accurate info available.
They told me they get updated info once the vehicle is on the ship.

My vehicle was scheduled to be completed on March 19th.
My dealer told me on the 20th that the vehicle was at the port.
However, BMW Genius said it arrived at the port on 3/26.

One day when I called for an update, they couldn't access their system for some reason.

It left the port on 4/6, but the BMW website didn't indicate "in transit" until 4/8. So it sat there for at least 11 days. Genius told me this is not unusual, as there might be a wait for a ship to arrive, and then to fill up.

I called on the 8th and they told me the ship is arriving on the 20th. But marine tracker has it in Baltimore on the 20th and I am assuming my car will be off loaded in Brunswick. So that would be a few days later.

My dealer said it will be arriving at the dealership at the end of the month.
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #95
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGuyFL View Post
Quote:

Ditto.... Not giving me the warm fuzzies as mine has been at 'Production Begins' for seven days. Oh wait, I just checked again and... it's in the paint booth!

But all the delays y'all are seeing at port and VPC are not making me lose hope of delivery in May...
That sounds about right. 7 days seems to be the average from "production begins" to paint booth.

Thats exciting news!! You should see a steady movement all the way up to quality check

This has been my timeline so far:

-Ordered and confirmed- 2/27/19
status 112
-Production begins- 3/13/19
status 150
-Entry body shop/serial # assign- 3/19/19 status 151
-Entry paint shop- 3/20/19
status 152
-Entry assembly line- 3/21/19
status 153
-Assembly- 3/21/19
status 154
-Assembly complete/quality check- 3/22/19 status 155
- Production complete/ awaiting carrier assignment- 4/2/19
status 182
-Dispatched from factory- 4/4/19
status 190
- At the port- 4/5//19
Status 193
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #96
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Quote:
I'm not sure how accurate anyone's info is. But BMW genius probably has the most accurate info available.

One day when I called for an update, they couldn't access their system for some reason.

It left the port on 4/6, but the BMW website didn't indicate "in transit" until 4/8. So it sat there for at least 11 days. Genius told me this is not unusual, as there might be a wait for a ship to arrive, and then to fill up.

I called on the 8th and they told me the ship is arriving on the 20th. But marine tracker has it in Baltimore on the 20th and I am assuming my car will be off loaded in Brunswick. So that would be a few days later.

Yeah it's all over the place. My dealership emailed me that my car completed production on 3/26/19, I called in the next day and the manager confirmed that it was done.
I find out later that my car completed production on 4/2/19 lol.

I finally started using the number for BMW genius this last week, otherwise I have only been getting updates from online or my dealership.

I called the Genius today to see if they could
at least tell me if my car made the ship that was leaving 4/7/19 and 4/9/19. He gave me the 100 percent that it didn't lol!!
That really sucks, but I'm glad I know. At least now I don't drive myself crazy with the thought did it get on or did it not.

Next ship leaves 4/15/19, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 04:11 PM   #97
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Quote:

Yeah it's all over the place. My dealership emailed me that my car completed production on 3/26/19, I called in the next day and the manager confirmed that it was done.
I find out later that my car completed production on 4/2/19 lol.

I finally started using the number for BMW genius this last week, otherwise I have only been getting updates from online or my dealership.

I called the Genius today to see if they could
at least tell me if my car made the ship that was leaving 4/7/19 and 4/9/19. He gave me the 100 percent that it didn't lol!!
That really sucks, but I'm glad I know. At least now I don't drive myself crazy with the thought did it get on or did it not.

Next ship leaves 4/15/19, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best
Will do! Hope it leaves soon!
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-13-2019, 10:01 PM   #98
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well the website now says that the car arrived at the dealership. I wonder if I could have picked it up today? Surprisingly nobody called me about it.

I guess it didn't matter since I was so busy today. I'll have to find out if they could have PDI'ed it and had it delivered today.
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #99
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well the website now says that the car arrived at the dealership. I wonder if I could have picked it up today? Surprisingly nobody called me about it.

I guess it didn't matter since I was so busy today. I'll have to find out if they could have PDI'ed it and had it delivered today.
Glad it's finally here! Maybe it got there too late to PDI... Maybe your SA was off yesterday... Either way you should have it tomorrow, and I'm jealous!

Mine is in QC, so I'm still at least 4-5 weeks away...

Can't wait to see some pics!
      04-14-2019, 02:15 PM   #100
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

How exciting!!

They park the delivered m550 in the big lot right behind the dealership.
Appreciate 1
bastula181.50
      04-14-2019, 02:16 PM   #101
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGuyFL View Post
Glad it's finally here! Maybe it got there too late to PDI... Maybe your SA was off yesterday... Either way you should have it tomorrow, and I'm jealous!

Mine is in QC, so I'm still at least 4-5 weeks away...

Can't wait to see some pics!
You know you're right. I'm actually surprised i'm not more antsy right now. I think my wife is more hyper about it than me

Hope yours moves quickly! Once it gets on a ship, you'll feel much better. Luckily you're on the east coast so you should get it sooner. What port will yours arrive at, do you know yet?
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2019, 02:17 PM   #102
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

How exciting!!

Really? If it wasn't snowing today I would have made a special trip out there to take a look
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 02:22 PM   #103
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

How exciting!!

Really? If it wasn't snowing today I would have made a special trip out there to take a look
I was really shocked with the snow today!!

Maybe it hasn't hit you yet, but most probably your waking up before your alarm clock
Appreciate 2
bastula181.50
      04-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #104
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You know you're right. I'm actually surprised i'm not more antsy right now. I think my wife is more hyper about it than me

Hope yours moves quickly! Once it gets on a ship, you'll feel much better. Luckily you're on the east coast so you should get it sooner. What port will yours arrive at, do you know yet?
Yup, Brunswick, GA, which is only an hour's drive for the carrier to Jacksonville.
Appreciate 1
bastula181.50
      04-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #105
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How exciting!!

Maybe it hasn't hit you yet, but most probably your waking up before your alarm clock
I was quite surprised when I woke up! But the good news is that it should all be gone in a day or so. Better for delivery, eh?
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 2
MoeMo87183.50
      04-14-2019, 04:11 PM   #106
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How exciting!!

I was quite surprised when I woke up! But the good news is that it should all be gone in a day or so. Better for delivery, eh?
Yes most definitely! Tomorrow is nice and sunny, perfect weather for delivery.
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2019, 10:36 PM   #107
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How exciting!!

OMG!!!!!!!

I just saw your car, all I can say is WOWWWW,
It's looked GORGEOUS

I would call them first thing in the morning so that they can start the prep and have it all cleaned up for you.

I'm just staring at it and can't stop!!
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2019, 10:38 PM   #108
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How exciting!!

OMG!!!!!!!

It's looked GORGEOUS

I would call them first thing in the morning so that they can start the prep and have it all cleaned up for you.

Are you pulling my leg? Did you take pics??? I will for sure be calling them tomorrow!
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-14-2019, 10:39 PM   #109
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How exciting!!

OMG!!!!!!!

It's looked GORGEOUS

Are you pulling my leg? Did you take pics??? I will for sure be calling them tomorrow!
I'm starting at it now as we are messaging
Appreciate 2
bastula181.50
      04-14-2019, 10:40 PM   #110
bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How exciting!!

OMG!!!!!!!

It's looked GORGEOUS

I'm starting at it now as we are messaging
Pm me bro!
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 0