BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Car struck by Lightning

09-18-2023, 01:59 PM   #1
RigPig11
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Car struck by Lightning

After 3 weeks in the shop the dealer has replaced the BDC, DME, and KIMBO as per their inspection reports. Got informed this morning that it’s been determined my car was struck by lightning at the rear driver wheel. They still don’t know how to fix at the moment but at this point I had to go through insurance since it’s not covered in the manufacturers warranty.

Anybody got any comments on the situation?

Also, I’m in South Florida and plan on having the work done at the same dealer I bought the car from in June. Insurance asked me if I was going to have them do the repairs or if I wanted to take it somewhere else. Does anybody have any recommendation on dealers in my area they would or more importantly WOULDN’T let do a major electrical repair job?

Appreciate your time.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2023, 08:13 AM   #2
jagyro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Best bet is to take it to pick anyone with a decent review. After they fix it. SELL IT!!! you do not want any electrical gremlins to show up down the road. Because it will. BMWs have a tendency to hold tight tolerances when it comes to sensors, so right now it might be fine but it won't be for long.
Appreciate 0