BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Was your spec worth it

03-03-2023, 08:34 AM   #23
DarthBeemer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDude View Post
I was thinking about this yesterday. I waited 5 months to get a 530e I ordered. This past weekend I did college visits with my kid and the car was an absolute dream to take on road trips. I considered compromising and taking something off the lot, but I stuck it out and I’m glad I did. If you’re gonna pay up, might as well get exactly what you want.
I would echo this too. I have had cars that I picked from the lot and there was always something that would nag me, interior color, a missing feature, etc. On the other hand, I really enjoyed the cars that I custom ordered. Yes, depreciation is a big issue but if you can afford, it is worth custom ordering.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983940.50
      03-03-2023, 09:32 AM   #24
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

The bottom line on this is are you prepared
to wait ( on some occasions for many months) for your car?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 12:30 PM   #25
Sanjuro1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550i

Garage List
2023 BMW M550i  [9.25]
Was worth it to me, but it's all relative. I'm far too particular to settle on someone else's spec.
Appreciate 1
G30 B581548.00
      03-03-2023, 03:36 PM   #26
Greywall
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M550i

Garage List
2023 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDude View Post
I was thinking about this yesterday. I waited 5 months to get a 530e I ordered. This past weekend I did college visits with my kid and the car was an absolute dream to take on road trips. I considered compromising and taking something off the lot, but I stuck it out and I’m glad I did. If you’re gonna pay up, might as well get exactly what you want.
That's funny, we were doing the same thing last month with my son. Trips to colleges around the area were pretty sweet with the driving assist features. Really enjoyed the trip out to UVA.

BTW, given how dialed in the G30 offerings are I doubt OP would find anyone who didn't think the car was worth it, especially on forums directed at enthusiasts who are passionate about their cars.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983940.50
      03-30-2023, 07:57 AM   #27
Das BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

Thank you to everyone's replies, it helped reassure me that going New will be worth it.

I have Production scheduled for a fully loaded M550i! Phytonic Blue + Ivory + Fineline Ridge, 668Ms + non-rfts.

I locked in a discount of 7% off MSRP, $3k rebate, and 5.25% in lease credits (helps for sales tax in TX). I did a OnePay lease which dropped the MF to 0.00155. $1k BMW CCA later as well. I calculated that's about a 13.7% discount after fees and including TX taxes, before BMWCCA rebate.

This is my first New BMW, can't wait!

Last edited by Das BMW; 03-30-2023 at 05:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
Mandingo93498.50
      03-30-2023, 10:52 AM   #28
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Nice
You won’t have any regrets. I really think this may turn out to become one of BMWs best cars ever but perhaps slipped under the radar.

A future classic? Who knows

The wait is the hard part for sure but it is well worth it
Just you try to walk into the showroom without a big grin on your face!
The dealer will take you over to see it, you open tue door and you get that loverly new car smell.
You sort out the paperwork (still with that big grin on) and then you get to drive it away. You press the start button and the v8 kicks into life, a distinct rumble , the revs dropping after about 10 seconds and off you go.

Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 11:00 AM   #29
Das BMW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Nice
You won’t have any regrets. I really think this may turn out to become one of BMWs best cars ever but perhaps slipped under the radar.

A future classic? Who knows

The wait is the hard part for sure but it is well worth it
Just you try to walk into the showroom without a big grin on your face!
The dealer will take you over to see it, you open tue door and you get that loverly new car smell.
You sort out the paperwork (still with that big grin on) and then you get to drive it away. You press the start button and the v8 kicks into life, a distinct rumble , the revs dropping after about 10 seconds and off you go.

Enjoy
Thank you! I’ve test driven the M550i a few times, but nothing will compare to getting in my own.

Agreed on future classic, I think with the 1. V8 non-hybrid non-M (still comfortable), 2. more reserved styling, and 3. actual buttons / less tech-focused, that this car will be sought after for years to come. I plan on doing full frontal PPF, full ceramic + wheel faces, and interior protection to keep it super clean.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 04:34 PM   #30
pperc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das BMW View Post
Thank you to everyone's replies, it helped reassure me that going New will be worth it.

I have Production scheduled for a fully loaded M550i! Phytonic Blue + Ivory + Fineline Ridge, 668Ms + non-rfts.

I locked in a discount of 7% off MSRP, $3k rebate, and 5.25% in lease credits (helps for sales tax in TX). I did a OnePay lease which dropped the MF to 0.0155. $1k BMW CCA later as well. I calculated that's about a 13.7% discount after fees and including TX taxes, before BMWCCA rebate.

This is my first New BMW, can't wait!
7% off MSRP is incredibly strong. Best I could find in the NE was 4% and most dealers wouldn’t budge off MSRP at all. Which rebates were you eligible for?

What are these lease credits? I’m not familiar.

Assuming you meant 0.00155, that’s a pretty solid rate as converted.

I signed up for 3 year BMW CCA but I think my car is coming before 6 months is up. Anything I can do to get my $1k?

Why lease if you plan to keep it a long time given your above comments about this being a special long term car?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 05:07 PM   #31
Das BMW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pperc View Post
7% off MSRP is incredibly strong. Best I could find in the NE was 4% and most dealers wouldn’t budge off MSRP at all. Which rebates were you eligible for?

What are these lease credits? I’m not familiar.

Assuming you meant 0.00155, that’s a pretty solid rate as converted.

I signed up for 3 year BMW CCA but I think my car is coming before 6 months is up. Anything I can do to get my $1k?

Why lease if you plan to keep it a long time given your above comments about this being a special long term car?
Lease credits take off sales tax. TX sales tax is 6.25% on the total (ouch) so with lease credits got it down to 1%

I just emailed BMWCCA and they will walk you through your rebate and how to maximize it based on your current membership. Easy peace of mind.

I went with a lease because the lease credits and lower MF made it a better deal vs my finance offer, and no payments for 36mo helped me sell it to the wife. You have option to purchase after lease is up which I plan on doing.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 05:17 PM   #32
pperc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Lease credits take off sales tax. TX sales tax is 6.25% on the total (ouch) so with lease credits got it down to 1%

I just emailed BMWCCA and they will walk you through your rebate and how to maximize it based on your current membership. Easy peace of mind.

I went with a lease because the lease credits and lower MF made it a better deal vs my finance offer, and no payments for 36mo helped me sell it to the wife. You have option to purchase after lease is up which I plan on doing.
Interesting. How do the lease credits not hurt the dealer? Isn’t that another discount they are giving or am I missing something?

How long have you been a BMWCCA member?

How did your deal compare with just paying for the car with cash (taking money market returns (about 4% on your cash)? Or the one pay vs earning 4% on your cash?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 05:26 PM   #33
Das BMW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pperc View Post
Interesting. How do the lease credits not hurt the dealer? Isn’t that another discount they are giving or am I missing something?

How long have you been a BMWCCA member?

How did your deal compare with just paying for the car with cash (taking money market returns (about 4% on your cash)? Or the one pay vs earning 4% on your cash?
I believe dealers have a certain allocation of lease credits every month they can apply to deals of their choice. Not positive.

A year but I had a blip so I emailed them. There’s options to purchase bigger memberships and accelerate the vesting process. Will cut into your margin but still a profit. Just email them.

I didn’t do that level of analysis, mainly bc it doesn’t work for our personal financial/cash situation, and the onepay lease helped sell the wife with no payments. We also have an out after 3 years at end of lease if something crazy happens. I’m guessing pure dollars and cents with interest rates cash is still king, but again everyone’s situation and leverage is different. BMWs don’t always make 100% pure financial sense, that’s why we grease the skids to take them home
Appreciate 1
pperc115.50
      03-30-2023, 05:28 PM   #34
pperc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I believe dealers have a certain allocation of lease credits every month they can apply to deals of their choice. Not positive.

A year but I had a blip so I emailed them. There’s options to purchase bigger memberships and accelerate the vesting process. Will cut into your margin but still a profit. Just email them.

I didn’t do that level of analysis, mainly bc it doesn’t work for our personal financial/cash situation, and the onepay lease helped sell the wife with no payments. We also have an out after 3 years at end of lease if something crazy happens. I’m guessing pure dollars and cents with interest rates cash is still king, but again everyone’s situation and leverage is different. BMWs don’t always make 100% pure financial sense, that’s why we grease the skids to take them home
Thank you. When my car comes I will email them. Technically I can’t get my $1k until end of August (6 months after joining on a 3 year membership) but my car is due to arrive in June.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 08:37 PM   #35
GSMCCASH
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i (2023)

Garage List
I ordered a new 2023 M550i to get exactly what I want. To me, buying used on a car that begs to be driven in a spirited style makes me worried whether breaking requirements were adhered to on a used car. Was it driven with care or thrashed in any way? New I know, used I don’t know.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 01:27 PM   #36
Rocket455
Grumpysaurus Rex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Garage List
1972 Firechicken  [0.00]
1969 Toronado  [0.00]
1970 Camaro  [0.00]
The 2020 M340i I leased was fully-loaded; 3D view, BSM, ACC etc. After turning that in, I was a bit wary of my decision to get into a close-to-base M550i, but honestly, no regrets. With the CTS intake, Dinan axle-back w/res removal and X-pipe and some exterior bits, the car looks and sounds so good to me that I very quickly forgot about all the extra bells and whistles it was missing compared to my previous car. But then again, I'm really not picky by nature and am a glass-half-full kinda guy for the most part, so.....
      07-13-2023, 01:47 PM   #37
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
The cpo 550 i bought came with everything except bw audio which wasnt a huge priority, i generally take my time looking for the right spec when buying used, buying new is a different story.
Appreciate 0