BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs How to clean Digital Gauges?

04-17-2023, 08:57 AM   #1
CincyG30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530iX

How to clean Digital Gauges?

Hello!

I have a Pre-LCI G30 with the partial digital gauge display. I was wondering what the best way to clean this would be, without harming or scratching it?

Looks like a previous owner/detailer used something that left some fingerprints and streaks.

Would you use a wet/dry microfiber? glass cleaner? Do it with the car/LCD off or on?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 09:17 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I’m sure will pipe in but personally I’d go with the least intensive method first
I would try a micro fibre cloth that is just damp with water and gently see if that Lifts any dirt

Obviously if there are scratches that’s a whole different thing

Anyway that’s what I’d do
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 10:05 AM   #3
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyG30 View Post
Hello!

I have a Pre-LCI G30 with the partial digital gauge display. I was wondering what the best way to clean this would be, without harming or scratching it?

Looks like a previous owner/detailer used something that left some fingerprints and streaks.

Would you use a wet/dry microfiber? glass cleaner? Do it with the car/LCD off or on?

Thanks!
I found using a LCD TV specific cleaner with a microfiber to work well. Make sure the microfiber is clean as it can be finicky to leave a completely streak free clean. Good luck.
Appreciate 1
Mandingo93498.50
      05-01-2023, 06:48 PM   #4
Scott in Houston
I Breed Spider Monkeys
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

This may surprise some people, but I find ONR at its normal ratio on a nice soft MF cloth is ideal.
Mix it with distilled water. Use a super soft cloth and barely add pressure. It cleans screens so well and there are no possibly harmful chemicals.

for other interior surfaces, I love Beadmaker or Griots Best of Show Detailer... they're both incredible on polished surfaces like the piano-black stuff or 'wood' panels.