BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions BMW ConnectedDrive website

01-03-2020, 01:26 PM   #1
Lauritzen DK
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

Question BMW ConnectedDrive website

I'm new to this forum but as very few in Denmark are driving the fantastic 530e, I had to turn to this forum for a potential answer to my somewhat nerdy questions.

On the 1st of Jan. I've reset my 530e statistic on the BMW ConnectedDrive website as I want to see my total electrical driven km in 2020. At the same site I can also see how much petrol I've saved.

Before reset, I've driven 2,334 electric km saving a total of 162 l. of petrol equal to 14.4 km/l. (33.87 U.S. MPG). Sounds very reasonable.

Yesterday I had a short trip, all city with a lot of stops and when I came home, I could see the trip was all electric, a total of 14 km. I could also see that the saved petrol is 1.9 l. equal to just 7.36 km/l (17.31 U.S. MPG) which is surprising close to what could be expected from a short city trip, starting with a cold engine, had it been driven on the ICE.

But is this statistic really so intelligent that it is able to estimate the saved litres of petrol with this kind of accuracy?

Also, anybody else using the BMW ConnectedDrive website?

PS. sorry for the Danish UI at the screen-dumps
Attached Images

Ex: BMW 523i F10 - BMW 523i LCI E60 - BMW 520 E39 - BMW 320i E30
Appreciate 0