BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions More issues with a clunker

01-09-2020, 07:20 AM   #1
skywalkerintexas
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530

More issues with a clunker

Well my car didn’t have any issues for the past couple of months and now it’s back to its problematic self. Now the put on seat belt chime keeps going off even though my belt is on and there’s nothing on the passenger seat. I really do think this is a lemon piece. Might as well go with a Kia next time.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 08:18 AM   #2
r3amir
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X2

Looks like it needs passenger seat mat replacement
2006 325i Arctic Metallic
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #3
crmgr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535XI M-Sport

This is a known issue. Believe there is a service bulletin out on it. Happened to me. Fix sounds stupid, but it works. Wires in the harness under the passenger seat can apparently touch causing a voltage surge that trips the no seat belt message and gong. Fix it to take a plastic tie and separate the wires. Could not believe it was that simple, but it worked.

Set up a service appointment, May be able to do it while you wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkerintexas View Post
Well my car didn’t have any issues for the past couple of months and now it’s back to its problematic self. Now the put on seat belt chime keeps going off even though my belt is on and there’s nothing on the passenger seat. I really do think this is a lemon piece. Might as well go with a Kia next time.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      01-09-2020, 01:39 PM   #4
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Well there is always a great Kia around the corner. You have no idea what bad customer service truly is until you own a Korean vehicle.

Enjoy!

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 04:06 PM   #5
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmgr View Post
This is a known issue. Believe there is a service bulletin out on it. Happened to me. Fix sounds stupid, but it works. Wires in the harness under the passenger seat can apparently touch causing a voltage surge that trips the no seat belt message and gong. Fix it to take a plastic tie and separate the wires. Could not believe it was that simple, but it worked.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmgr View Post

Quote:
Well my car didn't have any issues for the past couple of months and now it's back to its problematic self. Now the put on seat belt chime keeps going off even though my belt is on and there's nothing on the passenger seat. I really do think this is a lemon piece. Might as well go with a Kia next time.
I had that done to mine 1 and half years ago. Guess what, It's Back. Service on Monday
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #6
bimmer_335
Major
Rep
Drives: 540 mSport

I've had it done more than once... BMW needs to figure out how to fix a problem once and be done with it.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #7
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_335 View Post
I've had it done more than once... BMW needs to figure out how to fix a problem once and be done with it.
Yeah, let us know when that happens.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0