BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion LIFTED! Delivery Stop on Certain BMW M2, M3, M4, 5 and 6 Series For Rear Differential

08-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #1101
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
This is the problem with the DCT being too powerful. Maybe turn down the aggressive shifting a bit and don't launch the car until the fix has been made?
The DCT has no power - the engine does.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #1102
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTofthe916
The frustrations voiced, while understandable are kind of humorous. People build up their ED as some magical unicorn pivoting around their car. I would argue that the car is a small piece of it - I mean common, assuming you follow BMW break in you're limited quite a bit for 1,200 miles. Having lived in Germany for three years with my e90m3 and then my F83m4 I can tell you, other than looking good, you're going to get blown by with some Opel station wagon driven by a soccer mom going 220+km/hr. Lol.

Stuff happens in any business model (you're not that special hopefully they communicate issues in a timely manner and give you reasonable options. take the loaner. Drive the hell out of it and enjoy your trip. Take a ton of photos. Go to the ring, go to Spa, enjoy the alpine roads. You won't regret the trip.

Your M will be waiting for you
Break in. Haha. What's that? Maybe you get blown past by granny in her Opel/VW wagon. Me not so much.

People pay a lot of money to fly to Germany to get there cars. It shouldn't be ruined in this manner.

I love all the tool bags that post nonsense on this issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 12:55 PM   #1103
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

The VPC(port) is considered an extension of the factory. Any damage caused in transport is repaired there and considered as new. ED cars are also refurbished to as new(so any dings or chips are repaired). Vehicles repaired at VPC only give notice of repairs to purchasing dealer. There have been heavily damaged cars repaired at VPC. The VPC is a full on repair center.

VDC is a holding point and logistics center. Paperwork.
Appreciate 1
M3CLESS23.00
      08-28-2016, 01:34 PM   #1104
AntDX316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 750xi ///M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
The DCT has no power - the engine does.
I mean it bites full torque into the differential and after a while I assume it would cause damage.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 01:44 PM   #1105
castilla
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4

My car is Euro version MY 2015. Should I concern about it?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 01:46 PM   #1106
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by castilla View Post
My car is Euro version MY 2015. Should I concern about it?
No
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2016, 02:19 PM   #1107
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTofthe916
The frustrations voiced, while understandable are kind of humorous. People build up their ED as some magical unicorn pivoting around their car. I would argue that the car is a small piece of it - I mean common, assuming you follow BMW break in you're limited quite a bit for 1,200 miles. Having lived in Germany for three years with my e90m3 and then my F83m4 I can tell you, other than looking good, you're going to get blown by with some Opel station wagon driven by a soccer mom going 220+km/hr. Lol.

Stuff happens in any business model (you're not that special hopefully they communicate issues in a timely manner and give you reasonable options. take the loaner. Drive the hell out of it and enjoy your trip. Take a ton of photos. Go to the ring, go to Spa, enjoy the alpine roads. You won't regret the trip.

Your M will be waiting for you
Call it what you want, this trip was centered around a BMW ///M on unrestricted autobahn, autostrada, Nordschleife and Spa Francorchamps. Who are you to determine what my experience should be?

The only reason I proceeded on my European presentation "experience" was because my wife had a heart set on the final 3 days of our trip in Paris and my tickets were non refundable as they were booked 4 months in advance.

I wouldn't have planned a trip to Europe otherwise and I've been there once before, and only inclination to return would be to make memories in a car I got to take delivery in and experience in Europe then have it redelivered to the me in the US with the break in it received that only Europe can provide.
      08-29-2016, 01:28 AM   #1108
cibble10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw M3 View Post
One word, Brexit. You pissed off the Germans.....
Good one
      08-29-2016, 01:40 AM   #1109
M3CLESS
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CLESS
can someone with knowledge please answer my question.

so my work orser is completed, and has been transport fron the VPC in new jersey to the VDC in Baltimore, MD. i thought it would be released to carrier. can someone tell me the difference between VPC snd VDC and why it would go from one to the other?
VPC - vehicle prep center

VDC - vehicle distribution center

Thusly it goes from one to the other. Work is done at the former. And the vehicle is shipped from the latter. You should get a release to carrier once your vehicle has been released from the VDC onto the truck or train that will be routing it to your dealer.
thank you very much. so when my car arrives at the vdc my car will be shipped to my dealer on a carrier.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 08:50 AM   #1110
jimbojsb
Mthusiast
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Garage List
2006 X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2020 M4 Competition  [0.00]
2001 740i  [0.00]
2006 M Roadster  [0.00]
Sigh. I was under the impression that when my car left Brunswick it was going direct to Austin. Called Genius this morning, they said it's going to the Galveston VPC first (arrived there today). So close, only a little over 200mi from home.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410783.00
      08-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #1111
M3CLESS
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW/SO M3

im waiting for a call today telling me my car is on a carriers truck... crossing my fingers...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #1112
cibble10
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
Your noise issue should be properly diagnosed, as it may not be related to the differential. You don't want to get into a situation where the noise persists after the replacement. Are you sure it is not a pebble stuck behind the break?

In any case, good luck.
I am insisting on being there when the vehicle is test driven after the differential fix.... which should be this week, which should have been last week... which... you get the ghist
      08-29-2016, 07:55 PM   #1113
SloPoke
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

So even after my diff was fixed, this situation is still being a pain in my ass. Called on 8/24 and they stated that my work order was completed 8/22. Called back on 8/25 to see if it was on a truck and they told me the work order had just been completed that day. Called back 8/27 and they said it was being picked up. Called back today and it still has not been picked up. A coworkers M2 had his work order completed on 8/26 at the same VPC and his is already my on a truck. Enough is enough already.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2016, 07:08 AM   #1114
cibble10
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
So even after my diff was fixed, this situation is still being a pain in my ass. Called on 8/24 and they stated that my work order was completed 8/22. Called back on 8/25 to see if it was on a truck and they told me the work order had just been completed that day. Called back 8/27 and they said it was being picked up. Called back today and it still has not been picked up. A coworkers M2 had his work order completed on 8/26 at the same VPC and his is already my on a truck. Enough is enough already.
I think Transparent, Honest and Good Communication is all that we diff deficient M owners ask from BMW through to our local dealer...

... but a bit of compensation would be nice too...!
      08-30-2016, 09:33 AM   #1115
dhinkchika
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
I am in the same boat. Repairs on my car were completed on 8/25 and it was supposed to be on the truck on 8/26.

It still hasn't left the Port Hueneme VPC as of today. I called BMW NA and they were like their responsibility ends after handing it over to the carrier, the carrier would be in touch with the dealer, and I should call them if the car did not get to the dealer by Friday 9/2.

Since I dropped off my car in Munich on 6/18, and its already been 10 weeks+, I asked them for compensation. The rep tried to brainwash me into thinking I still have time for the 10th week to end, inspite of me explaining that 73 days had expired since drop off as of today. She nonchalantly suggested I could email the ED department and "try" for compensation.

This is extremely pathetic customer service and I totally regret going for a BMW. Next time, Porsche/Merc/Audi may be getting my money.

Question for the members here:

Do you know any avenues of escalation that have worked in the past to get compensation addressed for issues like this? I can email the ED department, but after the non-commital reply of the rep, I am not sure that it's going to have any effect.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 11:17 AM   #1116
xcusem3_
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

received my M yesterday! diff wasn't repaired so i have heard the tin can sounding noise like twice so far. loving the car so much and was def worth the wait!
Appreciate 2
      08-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #1117
Vooj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikrg View Post

Do you know any avenues of escalation that have worked in the past to get compensation addressed for issues like this? I can email the ED department, but after the non-commital reply of the rep, I am not sure that it's going to have any effect.
I worked with BMW NA the whole time for a car coming from an overseas type delivery. Compensation was a touchy subject and they seemed to shy away from cash for payments and gave me a lot of pushback, but when I mentioned M Performance Parts, they jumped on board. My rep told me she would have no problem getting me $1500 approved, but since the parts I asked for came out to $1818 retail, she said she would push to get me a check for $2000 for the parts and installation.

Maybe change your angle of request? It seems getting a check from them for "performance parts" is an angle they can work more easily than getting payments covered. It makes sense to me but I don't yet have the money or the car (1 more week for delivery)...so they have room to screw it up still.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #1118
dhinkchika
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj View Post
I worked with BMW NA the whole time for a car coming from an overseas type delivery. Compensation was a touchy subject and they seemed to shy away from cash for payments and gave me a lot of pushback, but when I mentioned M Performance Parts, they jumped on board. My rep told me she would have no problem getting me $1500 approved, but since the parts I asked for came out to $1818 retail, she said she would push to get me a check for $2000 for the parts and installation.

Maybe change your angle of request? It seems getting a check from them for "performance parts" is an angle they can work more easily than getting payments covered. It makes sense to me but I don't yet have the money or the car (1 more week for delivery)...so they have room to screw it up still.
Sounds like a plan, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 01:50 PM   #1119
cibble10
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibble10 View Post
I am insisting on being there when the vehicle is test driven after the differential fix.... which should be this week, which should have been last week... which... you get the ghist
Two day job to fit the new diff (well, a week, but then there was those bolts). Now fitted. Tomorrow is tracking/alignment, and then road test. I shall be accompanying on the road test. Seem pedantic? If you knew the history you'd understand why. I hope to report back with something positive by this time tomorrow...
      08-30-2016, 04:04 PM   #1120
cibble10
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikrg View Post
I am in the same boat. Repairs on my car were completed on 8/25 and it was supposed to be on the truck on 8/26.

It still hasn't left the Port Hueneme VPC as of today. I called BMW NA and they were like their responsibility ends after handing it over to the carrier, the carrier would be in touch with the dealer, and I should call them if the car did not get to the dealer by Friday 9/2.

Since I dropped off my car in Munich on 6/18, and its already been 10 weeks+, I asked them for compensation. The rep tried to brainwash me into thinking I still have time for the 10th week to end, inspite of me explaining that 73 days had expired since drop off as of today. She nonchalantly suggested I could email the ED department and "try" for compensation.

This is extremely pathetic customer service and I totally regret going for a BMW. Next time, Porsche/Merc/Audi may be getting my money.

Mercedes are worse!! Look at the threads for A45 AMG gearbox issue.....
      08-30-2016, 09:52 PM   #1121
Rogue///M3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj View Post

By bmw NA do you mean customer relations? Or genius? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 11:35 PM   #1122
Vooj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue///M3 View Post
By bmw NA do you mean customer relations? Or genius? Thanks!
I called the customer relations number and they immediately escalated it and started calling me back. So I suppose the answer is customer relations. The person helping me is titled "Executive Customer Care" in BMW NA Customer Relations. I won't give her name out as she explicitly asked me not to and I respect that.

Hope that helps a little.
Appreciate 0