BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding CarPlay - Amazon Music issues

12-02-2017, 02:04 AM   #1
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
CarPlay - Amazon Music issues

Has anyone else got issues with amazon music on CarPlay? I find it all works really well in CarPlay but amazon music messes up in various ways:

1) it frequently hangs trying to load stuff.
2) it frequently says ‘this content is no longer available.
3) sometimes it just crashes.
4) many times I’ll choose a song from some list (eg recently played) but it’ll play a totally different song

I know it had issues when we hadn’t downloaded the songs - since it was trying to stream them. But I’ve had all the above issues when I’ve got the playlist fully downloaded....

Is this a CarPlay fault or an amazon music or a phone issue?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

I reckon it's Amazon Music.

I haven't tried it my car yet (I also have Apple CarPlay) as I have a Spotify premium account and Peter that; but regarding point 2 above, that is a message I also get - and used to get it my previous F10 also when using a normal USB connection.

Funny thing is, I get/got that message every time I connect the car - either now via carplay or previously with the USB cable - even though I did not open the Amazon Music app...

I think it is when they lose the streaming/licensing rights to particular tracks. So, even if it is there today, the song could be gone tomorrow...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 01:23 AM   #3
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by en1gma View Post
I think it is when they lose the streaming/licensing rights to particular tracks. So, even if it is there today, the song could be gone tomorrow...
This is what I thought. But it does it so often then when I play things at home it plays fine...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
Has anyone else got issues with amazon music on CarPlay? I find it all works really well in CarPlay but amazon music messes up in various ways:

1) it frequently hangs trying to load stuff.
2) it frequently says ‘this content is no longer available.
3) sometimes it just crashes.
4) many times I’ll choose a song from some list (eg recently played) but it’ll play a totally different song

I know it had issues when we hadn’t downloaded the songs - since it was trying to stream them. But I’ve had all the above issues when I’ve got the playlist fully downloaded....

Is this a CarPlay fault or an amazon music or a phone issue?
Also does this with Tidal. When it does play the sound quality is no where close to what it usually is. Must be a manufacturing dominance thing.
      05-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
wondering if anyone has had a smooth experience with carplay and amazon music? If not then what music service does work well with carplay?

I found these issues have persisted in one way or another since we've had the car. Amazon doesn't play well with carplay but I find also the bbc iplayer radio app also has some issues. This leads me to think the issue is with carplay and not necessarily with the apps themselves...?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 01:30 AM   #6
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

I tend to only use Spotify and Apple Music (for ripped CDs transferred to my iPhone via iTunes, I don't use the online/streaming service); both of which are fine.

Have a long motorway journey today so will try to have a play with Amazon Music and iPlayer to see if similarly affected. Although the missus might have an issue with me "continuously fiddling with things"...
Appreciate 0