BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Apple Music

08-12-2018, 05:36 AM   #1
Shadders
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 M Sport

Apple Music

Does anyone use Apple Music by Bluetooth? I find that idrive is trying to access all the 37,000 songs from the music library which then causes it to stall or repeat about 10 seconds of the same song over again. I’ve tried turning the iCloud library off in Apple Music but it’s still available to download and therefore the car can still access and try and upload it all.

Called Apple who blame BMW, and vice versa. I’ve got online entertainment in the car but use Apple Music for everything else. Don’t really wanna have to pay out twice for subscriptions or have to keep adding songs and maintaining playlists on two different platforms.

Anyone with a suggestion or similar situation would be great to hear??
      08-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
BudgieUK
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M-Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadders View Post
Does anyone use Apple Music by Bluetooth? I find that idrive is trying to access all the 37,000 songs from the music library which then causes it to stall or repeat about 10 seconds of the same song over again. I’ve tried turning the iCloud library off in Apple Music but it’s still available to download and therefore the car can still access and try and upload it all.

Called Apple who blame BMW, and vice versa. I’ve got online entertainment in the car but use Apple Music for everything else. Don’t really wanna have to pay out twice for subscriptions or have to keep adding songs and maintaining playlists on two different platforms.

Anyone with a suggestion or similar situation would be great to hear??
I use Apple Music via CarPlay (is that Bluetooth??). That works fine however I only have a few hundred songs on my iPhone, the rest I steam when I want them. I have noticed that maybe a minute after I start to play music, it occasionally stalls for 10 to 15 seconds or so, but then continues without problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #3
Shadders
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 M Sport

Yeah I think that's Bluetooth too but it'll run separate to the idrive software. Didn't spec car play and I'm dubious of paying to unlock it in case it screws up the idrive system in time to come and then I have to pay out for a new system. The car's on pcp so need to be a bit careful.
      08-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadders View Post
Yeah I think that's Bluetooth too but it'll run separate to the idrive software. Didn't spec car play and I'm dubious of paying to unlock it in case it screws up the idrive system in time to come and then I have to pay out for a new system. The car's on pcp so need to be a bit careful.
CarPlay is not operating on Bluetooth. It uses Wi-Fi.
Appreciate 0