BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Waze Audio Alerts

01-10-2020, 06:32 PM   #1
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

Waze Audio Alerts

Hopefully this hasn't been covered in a previous thread, but is anyone here using Waze .. and if so, can you get your audio alerts configured so that they play through the car stereo whilst you have radio playing?

I can configure the audio source to be the phone, in which case - yes I get the audio alerts from Waze, but can't get it to interrupt the audio when source is set to something else (e.g. normal radio or a playing from the internal hard drive for example).
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 02:10 AM   #2
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBO View Post
Hopefully this hasn't been covered in a previous thread, but is anyone here using Waze .. and if so, can you get your audio alerts configured so that they play through the car stereo whilst you have radio playing?

I can configure the audio source to be the phone, in which case - yes I get the audio alerts from Waze, but can't get it to interrupt the audio when source is set to something else (e.g. normal radio or a playing from the internal hard drive for example).
I get the interrupt alerts through the speakers whilst running Waze on the phone (without a route set) and Spotify from the iDrive not the iPhone. I haven’t run Waze whilst listening to the radio but I can’t see that being different to running Spotify from the iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #3
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

Thanks, although I'd still be keen to hear if you ever try it with radio on in the background. iPhone might also behave different due to the car play support.

I'm using an Android and just have Bluetooth connection set.
Appreciate 0