BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Illuminated grill???

01-03-2023, 11:54 AM   #23
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Kinda reminds me of what some kid would have done to a Civic a decade ago.

Anyone not liking it better be careful. You'll be called old and stuck in the past, told to deal with it, told all companies are doing it, told it's actually quite beautiful, told you're dumb if you don't buy a car because you think it's ugly, have high sales mentioned as justification for it, and so on. It's the numb handling / heavy as hell car subject with a different title!
Lol.

This is 100% accurate. Oh and don't forget the quasi racial rationale that all these design decisions are just for the Chinese bc they love huge illuminated grills, overstyled cars, etc.

People get so butthurt and can't appreciate nor respect that others may have differing opinions. I've been badgered into a couple of these back and forth conversations on the forums that ultimately devolve into personal attacks from grown adults who are so hypersensitive to criticism of their purchase (e.g. X7/7 series).
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2023, 12:05 PM   #24
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Could attract unwanted attention, BMW's don't need this nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 01:15 PM   #25
conmar
Pegger
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d

Attention, kids at play.

Seriously, not my cup of tea. And with all the "light noise" already around, it may simply be too much of a destraction at night, at least in urban areas.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2023, 09:48 PM   #26
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Kinda reminds me of what some kid would have done to a Civic a decade ago.

Anyone not liking it better be careful. You'll be called old and stuck in the past, told to deal with it, told all companies are doing it, told it's actually quite beautiful, told you're dumb if you don't buy a car because you think it's ugly, have high sales mentioned as justification for it, and so on. It's the numb handling / heavy as hell car subject with a different title!
Exactly what happened in many posts here. You can state opinion as long as it’s in line with majority you can post as long as you appreciate and like it, but better be careful if you don’t some people mix hate with simply not liking something so convenient.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 08:47 PM   #27
Bking60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_Cooper View Post
I don't know man, I'm not really feeling the grill illumination.

Would rather get a louder color like LBB, Dakar yellow or IOMG than have an illuminated grill, but different strokes, I guess.

As long as there's a button to turn it off or ideally, not option it or be forced to pay for it.
Are you the dude that jumped outta that jet ?
Appreciate 0