BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Improve handling/ body roll of 540i xDrive

10-05-2023, 03:53 PM   #23
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdnmedia22 View Post
I came across some Eibach springs for pretty cheap on the internet, 30mm all round, and fitting wasn't expensive either. The drop isn't crazy but it makes the car look a lot better. Its also made the car a lot tighter around corners and its lost a lot of its 'boaty' feel. The comfort also wasn't impacted too much. I believe Eibach are BMW's supplier for their stock springs. I'd consider them. MSS are also very good!
I would recommend taking a more sophisticated approach and getting matching shocks/dampers.

Lowering springs alone can cause all kinds of problems. You can overwork your stock shocks, for example, and you need to know what the maximum depth is that your suspension was designed for--otherwise you may compromise things with regard to bump steer, handling on the limit, etc.

It does not matter if Eibach supplies BMW with springs; what matters is that you have components designed to work together and within the geometry tolerances that BMW set.
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2023, 06:11 PM   #24
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
I just got a set of M5 bars off ebay. My rear bar and front bar BOTH have the endlinks attached. BOTH bars have the bushings as well. The only diffenece is the rear bar I bought came with the brackets to bolt it onto the chassis..and the front bar is lacking any brackets..

Are the front brackets from an M5 and M550 the same for the front bar?? I’ve looked online and I swear the part numbers are teh same… so I’m thinking i can ust reuse my front brackets… and don’t need to buy “special” ones for the M5…

Agree?

In the photo I attached and circled the bracket - i think it’s the same part no matter if you have an M5 or M550… just the bar itself is different. ??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0