Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZulaM5 View Post
Did you guys both have the Hi-Fi system when replacing these? Or did you have HK and moved to these?

Curious on the difference these vs HK stock.

The look is amazing..!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justao View Post
Quote:
Did you guys both have the Hi-Fi system when replacing these? Or did you have HK and moved to these?

The look is amazing..!!
Also very interested in this. Would be great to hear from someone who has replaced HK with these
Hey, I did replace these with my HK with these speakers. The sound quality is not as good as HK but the lighting looks really good.
Quote:
Quote:

The look is amazing..!!
Quote:
Quote:

The look is amazing..!!
Also very interested in this. Would be great to hear from someone who has replaced HK with these
Hey, I did replace these with my HK with these speakers. The sound quality is not as good as HK but the lighting looks really good.

Was it a case of you just swapping the four HK door card speakers and the front triangle tweeters and leaving everything else as the factory HK set up?

Where do you think the sound has deteriorated?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #68
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylazy2020 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

The look is amazing..!!
Quote:
Quote:

The look is amazing..!!
Quote:
Quote:

The look is amazing..!!
Quote:
Quote:

The look is amazing..!!

Was it a case of you just swapping the four HK door card speakers and the front triangle tweeters and leaving everything else as the factory HK set up?

Thanks
Yup exactly. Swapped the front four and left everything else the same.

I didn't have much time with the HK speakers as I swapped these out within 2 weeks of getting my car. However a buddy of mine recently picked up a M5 and has HK speakers. Now that I got a better chance to kind of compare. I want to say that these replacements speakers might sound a little better.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      04-02-2021, 08:52 AM   #69
jaylazy2020
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylazy2020 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

The look is amazing..!!
Quote:
Quote:

The look is amazing..!!
Quote:
Quote:

The look is amazing..!!
Quote:
Quote:

The look is amazing..!!

Thanks
Yup exactly. Swapped the front four and left everything else the same.

I didn't have much time with the HK speakers as I swapped these out within 2 weeks of getting my car. However a buddy of mine recently picked up a M5 and has HK speakers. Now that I got a better chance to kind of compare. I want to say that these replacements speakers might sound a little better.

Interesting and thanks for sharing.

I only had the base four speaker no amp system so my baseline was very low.

I just have to eq the harsh highs and mids out and it'll be spot on
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 12:51 AM   #70
howe9191
Private
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6, 2013 F30 328i

Garage List
2012 M6 F13  [10.00]
2013 bmw f30  [10.00]
Just installed these replica bowers and Wilkins speaker with my F30 Harman 688 amp.

It’s a lot better than ori HK speaker I must say.

I tested with the flac files of McLaren test tracks, the replica BW speakers sound more natural and able to precisely separate musical instrument. Unlike the HK speakers, the more instrument playing in the song, the more noisy it makes.

I hate replica or fake product but for this BW speakers even tho I know it’s fake but I will still keep this installation. HK seems garbage for me now.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      06-14-2021, 05:30 AM   #71
iranjha
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgee55 View Post
Hi Guys
has anyone tried this Bowers and Wilkin's speaker kit upgrade for their G30 yet.. asi I would like to know what the quality is like as I'm not sure they're the genuine article, maybe an equivalent style speaker?

http://www.gzcarphone.com/bmw-5-seri...eeter_p64.html
http://www.gzcarphone.com/bmw-5-seri...light_p71.html

any feedback would be appreciated

Couldn't find this info in this thread but how do you remove the existing HK pieces? I've never touched the door panels before so I'm super unfamiliar. Any good DIY guides?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 12:46 AM   #72
DongYH
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series, 2018

Hi Guys

https://12vcar.com/products/colorful...iamond-tweeter

This is the new website of the gzcarphone, I have contacted the sales person of this company, and the price of them are directly factroy price, cheaper than the Aliexpress
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      08-01-2021, 02:23 AM   #73
Diego_79
Rep
Drives: BMW G30, BMW E87

Hey guys silly question. Did all of you that have retrofitted this had the HK sound system? In Europe the factory sound for G30 is below HK quality (not even front door tweeters). I'm assuming for it to be upgraded I would need to add extra wiring.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 01:26 PM   #74
peteinpa
First Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego_79 View Post
Hey guys silly question. Did all of you that have retrofitted this had the HK sound system? In Europe the factory sound for G30 is below HK quality (not even front door tweeters). I'm assuming for it to be upgraded I would need to add extra wiring.
Sub as I have hi fi system and considering this upgrade. May reach out to vendor and ask.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #75
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Just did this install on my car too. See link below

Bowers and Wilkins speakers upgrade https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1857152
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #76
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris83 View Post

Bowers and Wilkins speakers upgrade https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1857152
How long did it take you? Not concerned about the sound upgrade, but it would be a nice aesthetic upgrade. Given that it's made in China, long term reliability would be my biggest concern.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #77
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
Quote:

How long did it take you? Not concerned about the sound upgrade, but it would be a nice aesthetic upgrade. Given that it's made in China, long term reliability would be my biggest concern.
Btw The OEM Harman Kardon speakers that came off the car are also made in china lol
G38 which is a G30 but long wheelbase is assembled in China too.

The rear window shelf and rear doors took me 4 hours. The front doors took me 3 hours. It's definitely back breaking!
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 05:02 PM   #78
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Can someone help me out? Does this fit G32? TIA
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 12:32 PM   #79
E92TTCoupe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: x335i/x550i/x640i/x540i/c750i

Would this work on a G11/G12 platform?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 09:40 AM   #80
ApFiore
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F01 Msport

Also curious if this will be compatible with a 21 F90
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 05:00 AM   #81
Diego_79
Rep
Drives: BMW G30, BMW E87

Hi guys. I can't figure out how to remove the door panel speaker cover on the front doors. I remove a couple of screws, I push the tabs forwards to release the pressure and then I push gently the cover but it seems really stuck in there. Has anyone had to drill on the other "holes" that surround the trim from inside the door panel plastic?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 09:10 AM   #82
rvkrn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520i Msport

These look sick and curious on how easy/tricky it is considering i need to work on it on a cold weather in UK
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 06:47 AM   #83
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego_79 View Post
Hi guys. I can't figure out how to remove the door panel speaker cover on the front doors. I remove a couple of screws, I push the tabs forwards to release the pressure and then I push gently the cover but it seems really stuck in there. Has anyone had to drill on the other "holes" that surround the trim from inside the door panel plastic?

Thanks in advance.
I used a dremel tool and grinded down the tabs off the original grill.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      04-25-2023, 11:43 AM   #84
beolink
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW E39 G31

Warning!
I bought a few kits to get the full speakers,covers and amplifier upgrade from this seller (China Car Audio Store) on Aliexpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001859424250.html
The first speaker started going silent after around 8 months. I was promised a warranty replacement that never arrived. The seller gave me a number of excuses during the following 6 months when even more of the speakers went bad. I ended up contacting BMW who confirmed they were bad quality fakes and that they would take action against the seller.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 09:45 AM   #85
bruhugo2k
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw g30 540i xdrive

Hello everybody. I have also ordered bowers and wilkins 11piece cover set from the same shop you mentioned china car audio store. The quality exceeded my expectations. The covers are made from metal, they are solid and also has ambient light properly installed. As I am having a private shop installing them together with aftermarket audio system next week, I will give a feedback.

I would like to create a new thread or make a post, but I am still now allowed due being a new member. I will be able to show entire installation process which should be really helpful for anyone who wants the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 04:11 PM   #86
inlinesix85
Rep
Drives: X1 F48, 5 Series G30

Quote:
I used a dremel tool and grinded down the tabs off the original grill.
Thinking about installing those Aliexpress LED covers in my 2019 G30.
Currently I have S676 Hi-fi audio system and original 11 color ambient lighting.

Principal motivation is not to increase power and sound quality, rather to upgrade interior with some LED lighting -I simply like how they look.

It seems that those are able to mach ambient lighting color well.

Can someone who instaled them help me:

1. Original ambient lighting gradually powers up and fades when being powered on or shut off. Can those covers also power gradually or are just simple on/off for them)?
2. Brightness intensity - can they match change in original ambient lighting brightness (i.e. if i tone down car ambient lighting would they also tone down automatically, or have just single brightness setting) ?
3. When the car shuts off - do they shut off immediately or they remain on for some time?

I want them to work propely (so that the mod doesn't look cheap / improvised) but I'm fully aware that I cannot expect miracles on a budget. Please help me to decide
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 04:17 PM   #87
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlinesix85 View Post
Thinking about installing those Aliexpress LED covers in my 2019 G30.
Currently I have S676 Hi-fi audio system and original 11 color ambient lighting.

Principal motivation is not to increase power and sound quality, rather to upgrade interior with some LED lighting -I simply like how they look.

It seems that those are able to mach ambient lighting color well.

Can someone who instaled them help me:

1. Original ambient lighting gradually powers up and fades when being powered on or shut off. Can those covers also power gradually or are just simple on/off for them)?
2. Brightness intensity - can they match change in original ambient lighting brightness (i.e. if i tone down car ambient lighting would they also tone down automatically, or have just single brightness setting) ?
3. When the car shuts off - do they shut off immediately or they remain on for some time?

I want them to work propely (so that the mod doesn't look cheap / improvised) but I'm fully aware that I cannot expect miracles on a budget. Please help me to decide
They matched the oem lights as far as brightness and color. The oem B&W system just stays white color. These lights match the ambient lighting. The speakers that came were better quality sounding than the HK system. I’m sure they don’t come anywhere near the quality of the original B&W system.
Appreciate 1