BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Bav

07-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
M62019
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

Bav

Bav

Last edited by M62019; 08-17-2019 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
Dobie Dog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F97 X3M Comp

I just did the same upgrade. It kicks ass
      07-28-2019, 10:01 AM   #3
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie Dog View Post
I just did the same upgrade. It kicks ass
On their website it says there is no amp option for a G30, but then somewhere else on their website I see that there is. I think it has something to do with the fact that I have the Harman Kardon system. Does anyone have any details about this? Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 08:40 PM   #4
tsbrown
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
On their website it says there is no amp option for a G30, but then somewhere else on their website I see that there is. I think it has something to do with the fact that I have the Harman Kardon system. Does anyone have any details about this? Thank you.
When I enter my car, 2019 540i w/HK stereo, it says "THE BMW AMPLIFIER UPGRADE ISN'T AVAILABLE FOR YOUR 2019 BMW 5 SERIES SEDAN WITH HARMAN KARDON / PREMIUM (TOP HI-FI) AUDIO SYSTEM"

Not sure what technical reason there is for not offering amp for HK systems, but that's what it says. Could be that the 1300W Revenant amp is only a little more than twice the standard 600W in the HK system and it may not seem enough an upgrade for $1000. Changing to the same car but with standard Hi-Fi systems will show the Revenant amp is an available upgrade.

I will likely be adding the Ghost Subs within the next couple months. I like the HK system just fine. It sounds better than the HK system in my old F30, but it really lacks adequate base.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 08:57 PM   #5
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
When I enter my car, 2019 540i w/HK stereo, it says "THE BMW AMPLIFIER UPGRADE ISN'T AVAILABLE FOR YOUR 2019 BMW 5 SERIES SEDAN WITH HARMAN KARDON / PREMIUM (TOP HI-FI) AUDIO SYSTEM"

Not sure what technical reason there is for not offering amp for HK systems, but that's what it says. Could be that the 1300W Revenant amp is only a little more than twice the standard 600W in the HK system and it may not seem enough an upgrade for $1000. Changing to the same car but with standard Hi-Fi systems will show the Revenant amp is an available upgrade.

I will likely be adding the Ghost Subs within the next couple months. I like the HK system just fine. It sounds better than the HK system in my old F30, but it really lacks adequate base.
I've had the same exact experience on their website. I guess I'll have to call to figure out what the deal is. Thank you for the reply.

Update: I just sent them an information request on their website. I will update this thread when I hear back from them.

https://www.bavsound.com/contact
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here is the reply from Bavsound regarding G30's with the factory Harman Kardon system:

"Currently, the Revenant amplifier isn't compatible with your Harman Kardon equipped BMW due to the fact that it uses a fiber optic connection between the source unit (the iDrive system) and the amplifier. However, we are going to be doing some development work over the next 1-2 months, and while we can't say for certain we'll be releasing the amplifier upgrade for your application, we hope to be able to so within the 6-12 months."
Appreciate 0