BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Coding Display Key?

02-05-2023, 11:24 AM   #1
SteelFK1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e91

Coding Display Key?

A friend can drive his G31 out of a parking space forward and backward with the thicker key.
I have now also bought a G31, in the ad were photos of the thick key and I assumed that this can also, only after the purchase I found that there are differences.

With me, the button on the side is missing - is that costly to retrofit?
Is the key + coding sufficient for this or do you also need special equipment on the vehicle?

My vehicle is up to this function, somewhat better equipped than that of the colleague, also everywhere cameras, can hold a lane, steer and and - I think the conditions are there.

With kind regards

Last edited by SteelFK1; 02-05-2023 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 12:53 PM   #2
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport

It is not possible to add a function to the remote control if it is not equipped with it, as to the possibilities of the car and its parking function, also according to the equipment of the copy. The BMW dealer will confirm or deny the possible ordering of a displey key and its possible functions for your model if equipped. Individual addition is practically not possible due to the fact that the key is coded only by the BMW service according to the vin number.

https://www.7post.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=22

https://www.7post.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=11

Last edited by LuckyW; 02-05-2023 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 11:41 PM   #3
pault1980
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 530D

I'm not aware of a display key being available for the G30/31 without it having remote control parking so considering yours does not have the side button (which is compulsory to hold down while using this function) maybe the one you received is an aftermarket copy (I've seen these advertised) without this feature.
I would simply look up your car features on Mdecoder or similar and see if it came with the remote control parking option (which by default gives you the display key to use it). If not, I believe there is some hardware, FSC and coding (and correct display key) needed to use remote parking.
Appreciate 0