BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Is it possible?

04-23-2022, 04:42 AM   #1
BAE
Registered
Rep
Drives: G30 530e

Smile Is it possible?

Hi - I'm new around here and got my first BMW. The model is G30 530e that came delivered without speakers upper front. I just want to ask if I can buy speakers and install them my self and if the cable is ready behind the plastic cover?

Picture: https://ibb.co/YBb0S5G
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 11:35 AM   #2
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAE View Post
Hi - I'm new around here and got my first BMW. The model is G30 530e that came delivered without speakers upper front. I just want to ask if I can buy speakers and install them my self and if the cable is ready behind the plastic cover?
I have the Bavsound package and can confirm that it comes with wires from the in-door midranges to the upper front tweeters. Bavsound may be overkill for you, but I'd recommend replacing the midranges regardless since your current ones probably aren't designed to run with separate tweeters. Just make sure that whatever speakers you choose are the same impedance as what you currently have.

Lots of people, including myself, have our original HK speakers and would probably be willing to sell you a couple of midranges and tweeters. The advantage to using the HK speakers is that they come with the crossover in the tweeter cable. If your car doesn't include the wire from the midrange to the tweeter you can probably splice some extra length into the tweeter cable. Here's a photo of the factory HK mids/tweeters.

Name:  HK Mid.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  200.5 KB
Name:  HK Mid-Tweet.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  162.8 KB

Regardless of what you do, it looks like you will need to replace your dummy speaker holders with the HK holders.

This Bavsound installation guide may help you determine what your car has from the factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqDz6SDcEO8
Appreciate 1
Joe-BMW337397.00