BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions LCI 5 series seems very limited in UK?

08-24-2020, 05:51 AM   #45
Beemerguy530
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530D

Quote:
A friend of mine who works for a different car manufacturer said that a lot of companies were simplifying and bundling options together to make the manufacturing process easier and keep costs down, but I don't know how much truth is in that.
This is related to the WLTP testing as it minimises testing of every single option/configuration of vehicles possible.

Part of the reason why VW had massive delays in delivery when WLPT was implemented as it had so many combinations to test out. More manufacturers will implement packages for easier WLTP testing.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 06:26 AM   #46
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

yeh they have to test every combination for emissions results.
I hit this issue even back in 2017 when I ordered my 540. I wanted the 668 wheels (the ones you get on the 550) but BMW couldn't fit them at the factory as these wheels had not been included in any of the emissions / fuel consumption tests.
I could however order the wheels separately and have them fitted at the dealers at time of collection but they came to around £3000 (and that's without tyres) and so I passed on that.
Appreciate 0