BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Does your G30 w Driving Assistance Plus recognize curbs?

08-12-2020, 09:27 AM   #1
trialNerror
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW

Does your G30 w Driving Assistance Plus recognize curbs?

Hi Gang, hoping you all can help me out on this one. My new to me '17 540i is equipped with driving assistance package/driving assistance plus/driver assistance plus II.

When I took delivery of the vehicle last month, it did a great job of recognizing curbs front and rear. The sensors were almost too sensitive. After coding with Bimmercode, the vehicle is not recognizing curbs to the rear whatsoever. It is also less sensitive on recognizing curbs from the front. If there is a wall/hedges/obstruction, it functions as normal. But it is not recognizing low obstructions like curbs.

Prior to coding, the sensor alarms would go crazy while backing into my space at work. I reset the coding back to factory but still nothing at all.

I've brought it in to the dealer twice and was basically told it's normal.

Would really appreciate it if anyone on the forum could verify if their G30 recognizes curbs as referenced above. Even better would be a short video clip so I can show my service advisor. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Mine is schizo. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I love the ACC and use it all the time; the lane assistant...not so much. It turns off so frequently that it is almost a joke.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2020, 05:12 PM   #3
trialNerror
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW

Here's a short video to better illustrate my car's issue with not recognizing curbs:

Does anyone else experience this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by trialNerror; 08-12-2020 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 04:13 PM   #4
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

That's definitely abnormal. Mine would have locked the brakes. I get all the warnings, all the time. Definitely not normal. Something you must have done in coding has impacted the sensors ability to see the curbs.
Appreciate 0