BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2011 Formula 1 Ubs Chinese Grand Prix

04-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #67
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
You really need to chill the fuck down man. Petrov didn't know his car was fucked. Didn't you see his reaction when he punch his steering wheel?

Also, for Vettel. Don't get me wrong, the kid can drive, but today RBR clearly showed they don't give a shit about Webber and will do anything for Vettel. Proof, the KERS for Webber was not working. The tires he had were SHIT compared to Vettel, yet, we were told it was "team" decision.

As for Hamilton, you also need to calm down. Hamilton is professional. He brings action to the sport, like Schumi does. If everyone was like Vettel, it would be the most boring sport ever.

Its racing, not fucking ballet dancing.
LOL. I'm chill, kid. It seems you're the one getting bent outta shape. I just don't see eye to eye with you. Last I checked... it wasn't mandatory.
I'll make it simpler for you tho: If you're team RBR and took a full week and still couldn't get KERS working on one of your cars... Who would you give the functional car to? More than likely, the guy who is carrying the team and is hot as of late. I view it as them making the only decision they can make, given the circumstances. It's not favoritism. Sucks for Webber, but they should have gotten their shit sorted lonnnng before qualifying.
2) Petrov's car was sick for 2 turns before he decided to stop in the middle of the track. He had ample time to pull over and allow qualifying to continue, but he didn't. I'm sure he figured he could save it, but whatever.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to a good race. I'm sure I've lost a few Franklins b4 it's even started, but it should be interesting anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #68
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
I'm starting to feel bad for Webber, nothing has gone right for him this weekend.

Ferrari is looking a little better so far. I expect they'll make some nice improvements for Turkey.

Also nice to see di Resta in the top 10.
      04-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #69
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
LOL. I'm chill, kid. It seems you're the one getting bent outta shape. I just don't see eye to eye with you. Last I checked... it wasn't mandatory.
I'll make it simpler for you tho: If you're team RBR and took a full week and still couldn't get KERS working on one of your cars... Who would you give the functional car to? More than likely, the guy who is carrying the team and is hot as of late. I view it as them making the only decision they can make, given the circumstances. It's not favoritism. Sucks for Webber, but they should have gotten their shit sorted lonnnng before qualifying.
2) Petrov's car was sick for 2 turns before he decided to stop in the middle of the track. He had ample time to pull over and allow qualifying to continue, but he didn't. I'm sure he figured he could save it, but whatever.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to a good race. I'm sure I've lost a few Franklins b4 it's even started, but it should be interesting anyhow.
I don't see what good calling him a kid does, other than accentuate your condescending tone. Lets keep the mutual respect for each other, we are all here to enjoy the races.

On RBR, last season both drivers held up their end of the team. Lets not forget that the only point when Vettel lead the WDC in the entire season was when he won it. It is clear though that once Vettel won the WDC, coupled with the expulsion of the Team Order ban, that Webber truly did become the #2 driver. Which is probably more than anything the reason for his poor performances so far this year. Not to mention Vettel is in Helmut Marko's pocket. But choosing a #1 and #2 driver is at it's core favoritism. The causes may vary though.

On Petrov, the real issue was that he didn't know what was wrong or why. He didn't get a display on his steering wheel that said hydrolic failure, which is why he continued to change gears (when otherwise that is a no-no). He was hungry for Q3, and you can't really blame him for that. All driver's job description is simple, "win".
      04-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #70
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:

I get your point for Vettel. Let's hope for a good race.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #71
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
I'm starting to feel bad for Webber, nothing has gone right for him this weekend.

Ferrari is looking a little better so far. I expect they'll make some nice improvements for Turkey.

Also nice to see di Resta in the top 10.
I'm not a Webber fan at all. But I very much agree. If this season continues as it is now, I really can't see Webber spending another year there. And unfortunately he will always remember the year he was so close to WDC.

Di Resta has a bright future. Sutil is a pretty decent driver, and he's been bested at every turn so far.
      04-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #72
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I'm not a Webber fan at all. But I very much agree. If this season continues as it is now, I really can't see Webber spending another year there. And unfortunately he will always remember the year he was so close to WDC.

Di Resta has a bright future. Sutil is a pretty decent driver, and he's been bested at every turn so far.
I want your opinion on this issue:

Do you think Schumi still has the skills and currently his car is not good enough, or you think he is done?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #73
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

I think personalities like Hamilton and Alonso make the sport even more interesting. People can hate on them all they want. Can't just have all good guys in the sport, a villian aspect is good.

As far as peole feeling sorry for Webber, one word: Karma.

Last edited by M3_WC; 04-17-2011 at 12:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #74
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I want your opinion on this issue:

Do you think Schumi still has the skills and currently his car is not good enough, or you think he is done?
That's a tough question. I do think he still has it in him to win, but I think it is more of a question of motivation right now. He gets into the car for all the Free practices, Qualifying, and Races. He even is pulling mid-pack race results. So we know that he can still take the G's from the car, and isn't physically limited. Plus, last year he never once used his neck injury as an excuse. So there isn't really much issue with his fitness.

He is just in the unique situation of having already attained more than anyone else on the grid reasonably dreams of. So I believe in his mind, if he isn't racing for the win then there isn't much point in taking any risks. At which point he is just out there to enjoy it and have fun. And this mentality isn't great for a new and building team which is where he is at right now. Brawn mentioned at the beginning when Rosberg was pushing for more performance added to the car that they needed to get the reliability and basics down first. And their performance will come after that. Well, their reliability still isn't there with that persistent over heating issue.

This isn't to say that Schumi is only in it now for the joy rides. He has always been über-competitive. But he, like all the drivers, realizes just how powerful the car is in the equation now. Regarding Schumi in comparison to Rosberg, I believe since Rosberg is still chasing his first race win he will continue to out qualify Schumi until Schumi can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And I believe even then if it is too late in the season then we still might not see him come alive. He is back in F1 to claim a 8th WDC without the Ferrari badge. Random 1 off wins probably, while nice, don't concern him much.
      04-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #75
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
He's clearly done. He can't even beat his teammate with the same car. And he doesn't have the excuse he didn't help develop his car now. Only time he finished ahead was when NR was forced to DNF. I don't see MB keeping him next season; will be interesting how they get out of the 3rd year contract.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 03:43 AM   #76
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep

WHAT A GRAND PRIX.

OH MY GOD.

Webber and Hamilton made the race, by far. Unbelievable race by Webber, never seen that (aside from Schumi). Vettel made the good choice yesterday, and wrong today. Good for me. He needed a reality check imo. And like Coulthard told today, Pirreli gave us an insane GP today.

Oh wow, I didn't want it to stop!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 03:50 AM   #77
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Holy Shit!!! What a race!!!
      04-17-2011, 03:56 AM   #78
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
WHAT A GRAND PRIX.

OH MY GOD.

Webber and Hamilton made the race, by far. Unbelievable race by Webber, never seen that (aside from Schumi). Vettel made the good choice yesterday, and wrong today. Good for me. He needed a reality check imo. And like Coulthard told today, Pirreli gave us an insane GP today.

Oh wow, I didn't want it to stop!
I wouldn't say its down to Vettel having a "reality check"...
Today its a bad day for Red Bull and Vettel, and his engineer. Poor tire strategy (makes him vulnerable), non-functional KERS, broken radio (this year engineer unable to predict the falloff of the pirelli tires, the drivers will have to tell his engineer if they need to do an extra pitstop).

Combined these factors with a strong McLarens and charging Webber (using much more grip option tire on his last stint). Gives Hamilton this season's first win.

Also, when vettel been overtaken by both Hamilton and Button; Vettel couldn't get away to clean air like he used to. That could've cost him the win too.
      04-17-2011, 04:14 AM   #79
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
what a race. being a VETTEL and RBR fan i will take the 2nd place for Seb and the AMAZING podium for WEBBER. congrats to HAMILTON but what a day of racing. Great points for RBR! the 2 stop was close to a win, but gave out 5 laps early to the storming mclaren from behind. what a race what a race. see everyone in 3 weeks for istanbul.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:15 AM   #80
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

That was an amazing run by Mark Webber...15 laps in I was thinking this is going pear shaped but he really ran an amazing race! Well done Mark!
      04-17-2011, 04:15 AM   #81
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
again, a miserable race weekend for the two Ferraris LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:18 AM   #82
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Great race! Congrats to Lewis. Right choice of tires/strategy.

While it's great that Mark Webber ended up 3rd and had a great run thru the pack... he sure isn't a team player. Did you catch his comment after? In his closing comments he said it was good because someone 'finally' dethroned Vettel and how good it was that bla bla bla. He caught himself 1/2 way through once he realized what he said and tried to smooth it out... but the slap to RBR was already done. Idiot
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:28 AM   #83
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

04-17-2011, 04:50 AM   #84
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

One of the best races in a long long time. Lots of action.

Congrats Lewis.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:54 AM   #85
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I wonder what happened to Hamilton's car right before the race, kudos to the mechanical getting it fixed up and ready right before the formation lap...

and how did JB drove into the wrong pit crew...
      04-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #86
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Great race! Congrats to Lewis. Right choice of tires/strategy.

While it's great that Mark Webber ended up 3rd and had a great run thru the pack... he sure isn't a team player. Did you catch his comment after? In his closing comments he said it was good because someone 'finally' dethroned Vettel and how good it was that bla bla bla. He caught himself 1/2 way through once he realized what he said and tried to smooth it out... but the slap to RBR was already done. Idiot
It's probably Webber's last year at RedBull. He wants to win a WDC and he has the car to do so. He doesn't want Vettel to win and wants somebody else to do so, and that includes himself.

He shouldn't have said that out loud... but I mean... Reminds me of the tension between Alonso and Hamilton.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #87
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

04-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #88
Shorestyle031
Private First Class