BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Backup Camera Recall

12-04-2019, 09:59 AM   #23
jekarol
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
I'm sure they ironed out some of those issues due to how many millions of vehicles are part of this recall. Thanks.

I'm having this recall done currently, and my SA just let me know that the software upgrade is stuck at 1% remaining. So, I'm guessing that they didn't iron out the issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #24
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekarol View Post
Quote:
I'm sure they ironed out some of those issues due to how many millions of vehicles are part of this recall. Thanks.

I'm having this recall done currently, and my SA just let me know that the software upgrade is stuck at 1% remaining. So, I'm guessing that they didn't iron out the issues.
Mine is at the dealership right now too. Best of luck to both of us!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 08:03 AM   #25
jekarol
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Mine is still sitting at the dealership. The SA told me that they had a call in to BMW for help, and he was sincerely apologetic. The dealer gave me a brand new X3 for a loaner. So, not complaining too much, except that it's not an M550.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2019, 08:05 AM   #26
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekarol View Post
Quote:
Mine is still sitting at the dealership. The SA told me that they had a call in to BMW for help, and he was sincerely apologetic. The dealer gave me a brand new X3 for a loaner. So, not complaining too much, except that it's not an M550.
Some stoner chick backed into my car on Thanksgiving day while my wife and I were sitting in the vehicle. Luckily I had a dash cam, so it's at the dealership for that in addition to the recall.

Be happy you're not in an enterprise Rent-A-Car!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 08:54 AM   #27
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Some stoner chick backed into my car on Thanksgiving day while my wife and I were sitting in the vehicle. Luckily I had a dash cam, so it's at the dealership for that in addition to the recall.

is BMW different than Mercedes on that front? I am so new to BMW I haven't yet had a loaner, but in the few times I was bumped to Enterprise at Mercedes Dealers in the Delaware Valley enterprise always gave me a Mercedes. The only difference from Enterprise and MB was Enterprise had no mileage limits.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 09:01 AM   #28
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:

is BMW different than Mercedes on that front? I am so new to BMW I haven't yet had a loaner, but in the few times I was bumped to Enterprise at Mercedes Dealers in the Delaware Valley enterprise always gave me a Mercedes. The only difference from Enterprise and MB was Enterprise had no mileage limits.
Since it's not technically a loaner car, you're at the disposal of what enterprise has in their inventory. Plus the girl's insurance didn't cover much for the rental car. So unfortunately I'm in a Nissan!

Luckily the damage is just down to the front bumper cover, so I should have it back in less than a week. It helps to know people.

I would upload the video, but there's a lot of cursing involved considering that we were in the vehicle when she backed into my parked car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #29
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
I have always received a BMW loaner at my dealership. And even on days with no advance appointment.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #30
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
I have always received a BMW loaner at my dealership. And even on days with no advance appointment.
The reason I don't have a loaner car is because my car is in the body shop and they're taking care of the recall while waiting on a new bumper.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:50 AM   #31
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephead2004 View Post
As before it's in navigation under software update. Mine was upgraded in October to S. One of two improvements eg stop start now works properly in eco pro w/o cutting the engine too soon.
What is the full software version that solved that problem? I'll take my car back from dealer today but I've forgotten to mention this problem but I've told them to update all the softwares. I should check the version before taking the car back. MU version was 006.006.006 is that the software I should check?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 12:11 PM   #32
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Lightbulb

I've received my car back from the service today. Backup camera was one of the issues I've mentioned them. To solve the problem they have updated the ISTA (I-STEP?) version.

I've attached official BMW problem solution documents. Oldest one is about the all cameras and suggest to update ISTA to S15A-17-11-520 or newer version.

After that there is one more which refers to a green bar on the screen when reverse gear has been engaged (update ISTA to S15A-17-11-541 or newer version).

Latest one is directly related with the backup camera turn-on issues; and suggests to update ISTA to S15A-19-07-553 or newer version.

Mine was S15A-17-11-540 which had a backup camera issue. According to latest document problem should be solved now since it was updated to S15A-19-11-534 which is the latest version as of today

I hope this would help people who has the same issues. I'll wait and see if this really solved the problem

Cheers,

Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #33
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
I've received my car back from the service today. Backup camera was one of the issues I've mentioned them. To solve the problem they have updated the ISTA (I-STEP?) version.

I've attached official BMW problem solution documents. Oldest one is about the all cameras and suggest to update ISTA to S15A-17-11-520 or newer version.

After that there is one more which refers to a green bar on the screen when reverse gear has been engaged (update ISTA to S15A-17-11-541 or newer version).

Latest one is directly related with the backup camera turn-on issues; and suggests to update ISTA to S15A-19-07-553 or newer version.

Mine was S15A-17-11-540 which had a backup camera issue. According to latest document problem should be solved now since it was updated to S15A-19-11-534 which is the latest version as of today

I hope this would help people who has the same issues. I'll wait and see if this really solved the problem

Cheers,

Mine is being done as we speak.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #34
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Mine is being done as we speak.
Perfect Please let me know the version they've updated
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #35
Bymep
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i; sold 2003 330Ci

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [0.00]
watching this as well, mine goes in for the update in 2 weeks...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:38 PM   #36
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
OK, I just got my car back today. Went from version P to version S. Lost almost all of my coding including widescreen CarPlay (which was expected). Weather app was gone, but finally reappeared. I've seen that happen once before on another vehicle.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      12-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #37
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
OK, I just got my car back today. Went from version P to version S. Lost almost all of my coding including widescreen CarPlay (which was expected). Weather app was gone, but finally reappeared. I've seen that happen once before on another vehicle.
Go into the Connected Drive screen and click Options then update BMW Assist. Then to the manage apps window you should see the built in app options. This can help to bring back disappeared apps. I'm also curious if you sign into your Connected Drive account if it keeps you logged in after a few days.

I have read some people with firmware S have issues with the Interactive Nav map not working properly. Not sure of the details of the issue, so if you can check that please for proper functionality.

Hope all is good with your car and no new issues. I still need to get mine done, but I'm waiting till my first scheduled maintenance which should be Feb.
      12-07-2019, 06:06 PM   #38
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Go into the Connected Drive screen and click Options then update BMW Assist. Then to the manage apps window you should see the built in app options. This can help to bring back disappeared apps. I'm also curious if you sign into your Connected Drive account if it keeps you logged in after a few days.

I have read some people with firmware S have issues with the Interactive Nav map not working properly. Not sure of the details of the issue, so if you can check that please for proper functionality.

Hope all is good with your car and no new issues. I still need to get mine done, but I'm waiting till my first scheduled maintenance which should be Feb.
Thanks. I did update BMW assist a couple of times. On the next vehicle power cycle it came back. My vehicle was still logged into my Connectdrive account after getting back from the dealership today.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      12-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #39
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. I did update BMW assist a couple of times. On the next vehicle power cycle it came back. My vehicle was still logged into my Connectdrive account after getting back from the dealership today.
Still logged into CD account even after upgrade is good news. My car has firmware Q and it logs off often. When it does, sometimes I can click login and the credentials are saved. Other times I have to re-enter credentials. Stellar BMW engineering/bug testing.

Looks like iDrive6 development will continue. Some new models still ship with iD6 and I was surprised to see the recently announced 2 series GC will also ship with iD6 or ID7 depending on how it's optioned. That one is kind of weird if you ask me. The iDrive optioning, not the car.
      12-07-2019, 06:38 PM   #40
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Still logged into CD account even after upgrade is good news. My car has firmware Q and it logs off often. When it does, sometimes I can click login and the credentials are saved. Other times I have to re-enter credentials. Stellar BMW engineering/bug testing.
I find it if I if I click on "connected drive store' first, then it auto logs me into the other part.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 06:39 PM   #41
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I find it if I if I click on "connected drive store' first, then it auto logs me into the other part.
Not mine. Tried that. Maybe after I get my update. By then, maybe firmware T.
      12-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #42
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just hope the widescreen CarPlay will work properly on version S. I can re-apply the patch for free from the guy I bought it from. It's a self-service remote configuration.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #43
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just hope the widescreen CarPlay will work properly on version S. I can re-apply the patch for free from the guy I bought it from. It's a self-service remote configuration.
Please let us know. Though I'm a happy android user. . Not happy with bmw and their stance on AA, just prefer Android OS to iOS.
      12-07-2019, 07:10 PM   #44
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Please let us know. Though I'm a happy android user. . Not happy with bmw and their stance on AA, just prefer Android OS to iOS.
Well at least CarPlay will be free now.
Appreciate 1
claykin1579.00