BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Waiting for HRE wheels sucks balls. Any experiences ordering their wheels?

12-28-2016, 02:01 AM   #1
DeeteeM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6m

Waiting for HRE wheels sucks balls. Any experiences ordering their wheels?

It's my first time in years doing mods on a car and I decided to go all the way ordering a set of P101's. It's been 5 weeks now and I can't take it anymore!

Has anyone else ordered 1 piece wheels from them? How long did they take?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 02:29 AM   #2
Ghosn
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

How long did they tell you the wheels would take when u ordered them? Did u ask?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 02:48 AM   #3
DeeteeM
Enlisted Member
Rep

4-6 weeks.
My dealer is only 60 miles away from their facility, so it's not like I'm in New Jersey.

It's just hard to be patient for a process that I know doesn't take that long, plus I'm local. They mentioned 3 weeks into the order that I could get it done in 10 days for an extra 1k fee. If I knew it was going to take this long I would have done that initially.

I'm already spending 10k, wtf is the point of charging more for something that's costs them 2k to produce max?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 03:26 AM   #4
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Mine took 10 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 06:18 AM   #5
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

First-world problems.
Appreciate 2
jpnh1424.50
      12-28-2016, 08:07 AM   #6
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeteeM View Post
4-6 weeks.
My dealer is only 60 miles away from their facility, so it's not like I'm in New Jersey.

It's just hard to be patient for a process that I know doesn't take that long, plus I'm local. They mentioned 3 weeks into the order that I could get it done in 10 days for an extra 1k fee. If I knew it was going to take this long I would have done that initially.

I'm already spending 10k, wtf is the point of charging more for something that's costs them 2k to produce max?

I think HRE are top and actual production cost...
But that $1k to expedite just reads awkward, but waiting is half the pleasure of getting something so fine.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 08:29 AM   #7
DarksideM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Everything is custom offsets so not mass produced, so 4-6 weeks is average from what I have seen. I've had good experience with them on a wheel replacement, kept communications of status regularly through email and took 3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #8
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Sucks balls in the bad way right?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #9
DeeteeM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
I think HRE are top and actual production cost...
But that $1k to expedite just reads awkward, but waiting is half the pleasure of getting something so fine.
I called HRE themselves the third week just to check on status. They told me they couldn't divulge any info, but I could have it expedited in 10 business days for an extra 1k.

For one, I should have been informed of this the day I purchased. Two, wtf is the purpose of charging so much and then asking for a tad more? If your capable of cranking them out in 10 days, wtf is the point of waiting 4-6 weeks? Every customer is a VIP customer with those price rates.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #10
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
I called HRE themselves the third week just to check on status. They told me they couldn't divulge any info, but I could have it expedited in 10 business days for an extra 1k.

For one, I should have been informed of this the day I purchased. Two, wtf is the purpose of charging so much and then asking for a tad more? If your capable of cranking them out in 10 days, wtf is the point of waiting 4-6 weeks? Every customer is a VIP customer with those price rates.
If you use more than your two angry brain cells you can probably understand that not all wheels can be made in 10 days but if someone is willing to pay to get ahead in the line it can be done (according to your info).
Appreciate 1
JL35020.00
      12-28-2016, 11:14 AM   #11
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

it takes a while but it will be worth it trust me. I have p101s they are

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
HRE_Wheels2118.00
      12-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #12
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
4-6 weeks.

I'm just like you, I don't like that anxious feeling when you're waiting for something to be finished so I completely understand where you're coming from. I know it's hard to be patient when you're excited, I've been there, but you're not being singled out. Everyone else who has ordered HRE Forged wheels have had to wait for their set too.

For those who need their set of wheels before a major car show (like SEMA for example this happens a lot), or if you just want your wheels in a hurry, the two Rush service options that we have are essentially skip the line fees (yes, just like Disneyland). When you opt for the Rush service we are not building your wheels quicker. Our 4-axis, lathe and mills don't cut wheels faster during the rush service, nor do we powdercoat faster, they are being built with a similar pace, but you will get to skip in front of the line in each of our processes.

So lets say your wheels are already machined, just waiting for powdercoat for example - If there are 10 sets that are due to be powdercoated before yours, if on the order we had selected the Rush service, we would just put you up front in the #1 spot, rather than leaving you at spot #11.

I hope that clarifies how the rush service works, but if you have any further questions that I can help clarify, I'd be more than happy to help.
Appreciate 4
GOLFFRR10816.50
gtron708.00
JL35020.00
      12-28-2016, 02:19 PM   #13
DeeteeM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Disneyland does NOT offer the skip the line service. They already bust your head for tickets and don't want to have families upset that someone with more $$$ skipped ahead.

Six Flags does..... but they are bargain bin and need money from any direction to stay operational.

You guys are supposed to be the elite of the elite like Disney. Why scrap for an extra couple bucks to piss off the people in line. Also if I knew about the expedited service the DAY OF purchase I would have gladly tossed another 1k.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #14
sales@vivid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 DCT

4-6 weeks is typical in the wheel industry. I usually quote my customer 6-8 weeks because things happen, and its better that they are prepared for the worst. HRE is usually on the faster end than some others, and the quality you are going to receive will make the wait worth it. Just be glad you didnt order SSR's, or BBS, or anything from japan, really. Those lead times are 12-16 weeks at least.
Appreciate 1
JL35020.00
      12-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #15
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Lol, I will not buy another set after reading that. So I had to wait 5 additional weeks because people paid to get ahead in line?

Way to show how much each customer is worth.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #16
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

Quote:
Disneyland does NOT offer the skip the line service. They already bust your head for tickets and don't want to have families upset that someone with more $$$ skipped ahead.

Six Flags does..... but they are bargain bin and need money from any direction to stay operational.

You guys are supposed to be the elite of the elite like Disney. Why scrap for an extra couple bucks to piss off the people in line. Also if I knew about the expedited service the DAY OF purchase I would have gladly tossed another 1k.
Disneyworld and all the theme parks here in FL offer express passes for about the price of a regular ticket so you are paying 2x the amount.

But imagine you stay in line forever waiting for wheels because people keep paying to skip you
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #17
sales@vivid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Lol, I will not buy another set after reading that. So I had to wait 5 additional weeks because people paid to get ahead in line?

There are always things that can go wrong while building custom wheels. I have had sets that happened to not pass a quality control test, so the powder coat needed to be done again, so obviously that took extra time (im happy this happened, because its way better than having bad wheels sent out). The amount of people that pay for the rush delivery, is fairly small. This boils down to the person that is selling them to you, and not totally the manufacturer. If your sales rep did a good job of explaining the wait time, and the process, there would be better understanding on time frame.. At least that's what it sounds like to me. All my customers ordering wheels know it will be 6-8 weeks. That way, if they show up in 4, im a hero.. If they show up in 8, its on schedule.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 04:58 PM   #18
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Quote:

Put the shoe on the other foot. HRE wheels are a business. If they have a customer willing to pay 1,2 or 3k extra to get their wheels before a big show, why wouldnt HRE take that opportunity to make 5k on a set of wheels instead of making 3. I dont know their actual margins, just making up numbers
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #19
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:

I can tell you with 100% certainty that your longer lead time wasn't due to rush orders jumping in front of you. We manage rush orders so that customers such as yourself aren't slowed, so if that means we need to decline a request for a new rush order, we will. I don't know the full details on your wheel set, but I do know that nowhere would a rush order create an additional 5 week delay on your set or any sets we would have in production during the same time. We have every right to refuse a rush order if we feel that it's not appropriate at the time due to the flow in manufacturing.

For example right now, if you were to request a rush order you would be denied because we're currently installing some new equipment, upgrading our machines and working hard to create even lower lead times than before.

The last thing I want you to think Metric, is that we're slowing down lead times based on these rush services, and they simply are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vivid View Post
There are always things that can go wrong while building custom wheels. I have had sets that happened to not pass a quality control test, so the powder coat needed to be done again, so obviously that took extra time (im happy this happened, because its way better than having bad wheels sent out). The amount of people that pay for the rush delivery, is fairly small. This boils down to the person that is selling them to you, and not totally the manufacturer. If your sales rep did a good job of explaining the wait time, and the process, there would be better understanding on time frame.. At least that's what it sounds like to me. All my customers ordering wheels know it will be 6-8 weeks. That way, if they show up in 4, im a hero.. If they show up in 8, its on schedule.
Vivid racing is correct, the quantity of rush orders is extremely small which is why I pointed out that the majority of rush orders happen around SEMA for project cars. Because we manage the quantity of rush orders, there's never an issue with delayed lead times to the other orders, lead times remain exactly the same.
Appreciate 1
JL35020.00
      12-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #20
DeeteeM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels View Post
I can tell you with 100% certainty that your longer lead time wasn't due to rush orders jumping in front of you. We manage rush orders so that customers such as yourself aren't slowed, so if that means we need to decline a request for a new rush order, we will. I don't know the full details on your wheel set, but I do know that nowhere would a rush order create an additional 5 week delay on your set or any sets we would have in production during the same time. We have every right to refuse a rush order if we feel that it's not appropriate at the time due to the flow in manufacturing.

For example right now, if you were to request a rush order you would be denied because we're currently installing some new equipment, upgrading our machines and working hard to create even lower lead times than before.

The last thing I want you to think Metric, is that we're slowing down lead times based on these rush services, and they simply are not.

Vivid racing is correct, the quantity of rush orders is extremely small which is why I pointed out that the majority of rush orders happen around SEMA for project cars. Because we manage the quantity of rush orders, there's never an issue with delayed lead times to the other orders, lead times remain exactly the same.
I was offered over the phone with HRE in vista the expedited service two weeks ago. So apparently you guys are offering it. I decided not to since I assumed my wheels would be done in the same time table.

My dealer never brought up the expedited service. Like I said, I'm already 10k deep, another 1k wouldn't matter.

I just want my wheels
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 06:42 PM   #21
DeeteeM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Now you understand my frustration.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #22
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

What color and size did you get ?

Did you order lug bolts ? If so which color and material.
Appreciate 0