BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions No Loaner Vehicles Provided in Toronto and Surrounding Area?!?!

01-02-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
XxLHCxX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530i

Garage List
No Loaner Vehicles Provided in Toronto and Surrounding Area?!?!

This has been my first BMW for quite sometime. My previous BMW being a 2011 X3 35i.

I am disappointed in the fact that BMW Canada has been cutting its cost which in turn affects its customer satisfaction. When I called in to do an annual service and asked to book a loaner vehicle, I was advised that BMW does not provide loaner vehicles for servicing that takes less than 1 day. They also charge for loaner vehicles if a loaner was provided, which I think is ridiculous.

I have been driving many luxury brands and have never come across this problem before. My current Mercedes provides a loaner vehicle at no cost for any servicing that is required, even if it is just an oil change. My current Audi also provides a valet service whereby an employee drives the loaner vehicle to your place of residence or work, and would leave the loaner vehicle for you while picking up your own vehicle for servicing, once again with no charge and for any servicing that is required.

I just wanted to know whether or not all BMW dealerships are like this right now.

Last edited by XxLHCxX; 01-03-2019 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 07:01 PM   #2
saporitj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

They do in the US. My dealer provides loaner cars for any service or maintenance. It even provides a valet service if required. It even offers free car washes every Saturday or when car goes in for service. Unfortunately I don't want my car going through any car washes but for the regular owner this is a big savings.
      01-02-2019, 07:24 PM   #3
Phas
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLHCxX View Post
This has been my first BMW for quite sometime. My previous BMW being a 2011 X3 35i.

I am disappointed in the fact that BMW Canada has been cutting its cost which in turn affects its customer satisfaction. When I called in to do an annual service and asked to book a loaner vehicle, I was advised that BMW does not provide loaner vehicles for servicing that takes less than 1 day. They also charge for loaner vehicles if a loaner was provided, which I think is ridiculous.

I have been driving many luxury brands and have never come across this problem before. My current Mercedes provides a loaner vehicle at no cost for any servicing that is required, even if it is just an oil change. My current Audi also provides a valet service whereby an employee drives the loaner vehicle to your place of residence or work, and would leave the loaner vehicle for you while picking up your own vehicle for servicing, once again with no charge and for any servicing that is required.

I just wanted to know whether or not all BMW dealerships are like this right now.
I think your headline is a bit misleading, as it may only affect your dealer in Toronto NOT the entire country OR ALL BMW dealers. I always get a loaner when I take my car into my BMW dealer for service. When I call, they take my information on what I want done, arrange a date, then ask me if I want a loaner, I keep the loaner until they fix my car, then I return the loaner. So it could be your dealer and not BMW Canada
Cheers
      01-03-2019, 08:26 AM   #4
XxLHCxX
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phas View Post
I think your headline is a bit misleading, as it may only affect your dealer in Toronto NOT the entire country OR ALL BMW dealers. I always get a loaner when I take my car into my BMW dealer for service. When I call, they take my information on what I want done, arrange a date, then ask me if I want a loaner, I keep the loaner until they fix my car, then I return the loaner. So it could be your dealer and not BMW Canada
Cheers
My apologies. I edited the title to be Toronto and surrounding area. I asked a few dealerships near Toronto and they all told me the same thing. Back when I had my 2011 BMW X3 35i, they still would provide loaners for any servicing. I know its a first world problem but I would expect a loaner vehicle from BMW... I believe even some economy brands offer loaners for servicing (with that being said, not sure which ones as I never really have come across it).

Now that I think of it, Volvo also offers loaner vehicles for their customers as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 09:51 AM   #5
Phas
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

Quote:
My apologies. I edited the title to be Toronto and surrounding area. I asked a few dealerships near Toronto and they all told me the same thing. Back when I had my 2011 BMW X3 35i, they still would provide loaners for any servicing. I know its a first world problem but I would expect a loaner vehicle from BMW... I believe even some economy brands offer loaners for servicing (with that being said, not sure which ones as I never really have come across it).

Now that I think of it, Volvo also offers loaner vehicles for their customers as well.
No apologies required...... I find it strange that they don't even OFFER a loaner.... could it be a GTA thing.
Cheers
      01-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #6
JohnEnglish
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black

What Audi and MB dealer do you use? My own experience is that all GTA dealers (Audi, BMW and MB included) stopped providing loaners a few years ago unless it's a multiday repair. It seems to be the general policy of any dealership owned or associated with the Humberview Group or Quinn Automotive Group.

Last edited by JohnEnglish; 01-03-2019 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 11:30 AM   #7
XxLHCxX
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish View Post
What Audi and MB dealer do you use? My own experience is that all GTA dealers (Audi, BMW and MB included) stopped providing loaners a few years ago unless it's a multiday repair. It seems to be the general policy of any dealership owned or associated with the Humberview Group or Quinn Automotive Group.
For Mercedes I still use Mercedes Thornhill and I have never had any issues of sort. I had to bring in my S class recently for its annual servicing and told them I need a loaner. They didn't even ask me any questions or convince me otherwise.

For Audi, the Valet loaner drop off is from Pfaff Audi Newmarket. I have had excellent service with them.

For both Benz and Audi, their only requirement is to return the loaner vehicle, or in the case of Audi, have the loaner picked up by them, within 24 hours since my car is ready for pick up, which is understandable.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #8
JohnEnglish
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
For Mercedes I still use Mercedes Thornhill and I have never had any issues of sort. I had to bring in my S class recently for its annual servicing and told them I need a loaner. They didn't even ask me any questions or convince me otherwise.

For Audi, the Valet loaner drop off is from Pfaff Audi Newmarket. I have had excellent service with them.

For both Benz and Audi, their only requirement is to return the loaner vehicle, or in the case of Audi, have the loaner picked up by them, within 24 hours since my car is ready for pick up, which is understandable.
Interesting. Those are both a bit far for me but good to know.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #9
XxLHCxX
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well for Mercedes, I did do service at the Benz Toronto in Downtown once and had not issues there. Not sure whereabouts you live but thats that haha...

As to Audi, I have never brought it anywhere else but Pfaff Audi in Newmarket. Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 04:49 PM   #10
JohnEnglish
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Well for Mercedes, I did do service at the Benz Toronto in Downtown once and had not issues there. Not sure whereabouts you live but thats that haha...

As to Audi, I have never brought it anywhere else but Pfaff Audi in Newmarket. Hope this helps
Thanks. I'm in the west end of Toronto.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:10 AM   #11
XxLHCxX
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
So I finally got a rental car for my vehicle service but they only rent a non BMW car for you -.-". I know its still a car but in my past experiences with other brands, they always give one of their own brands for customers!

I am just not too happy with BMWs customer service. I had a wonderful experience on many occasions for my Other cars before.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #12
Joelc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540ix

Not so!

I have for years been purchasing my BMWs in St. Catherines while I live in Toronto...not only do I get FAR BETTER pricing but whenever I need servicethey come to my home / office pick up my car and leave me a loaner BMW...the next day, they come backa nd we exchange cars, all for NO COST...
Appreciate 0