BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery My MY 2021 M550ix Build & Performance Center Delivery

08-05-2020, 04:54 PM   #199
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 (G30) 550xi

Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina - (Information as of 8/5/2020)

I received my welcome letter from BMW for Performance Center Delivery. What follows is what I gleaned from it, and I've provided the welcome letter and attachments for anyone who is interested to review. Choosing this option is up to you, and an arrangement between you, the dealer, and BMW. I'm just passing along information as a customer, not a representative of BMW.

Some things I noticed that you'll want to be aware of:

You need to complete and return the Travel Form no earlier than three weeks prior to delivery.

You need to complete the purchase with your local CA NLT a week prior to the delivery date.

Bring your bill of sale, proof of insurance, temp tags or license plates provided by your CA to the Center for your delivery.

Factory tours at the plant are not being offered due to the Covid-19 situation.

If you answer yes to their Covid-19 screening questions (attached), they will not let you in the Center or participate in the delivery experience. You need to take the survey on-line no sooner than 24 hours prior to delivery day and print the 'Access Approval' page or save a screenshot on your phone to show upon arrival at the Performance Center the day of your delivery.

South Carolina imposes a use tax of $500 upon the first us e of a new vehicle purchased in some states - apparently its not often collected, but it's possible - see the attachment for details.

Also, note that once the vehicle is transported to the Performance Center (about two weeks prior to your delivery date), if you choose to cancel the experience, you are on the hook for the transportation charges to your local dealer. If it hasn't been sent to the Performance Center and you cancel, BMW covers the shipping to your local dealer.

The Covid situation obviously impacts the delivery, but it appears BMW is doing what they can to remain flexible, yet safe - selecting this delivery option is a ultimately a personal decision.

The Welcome Letter (e-mail) follows:

------------------------------------------------

Dear TomWinMD,

We are excited you have chosen to take delivery of your new vehicle at the BMW Performance Center. This email is to confirm your Performance Center Delivery for production number 000000 which is scheduled for 9/1/2020. You will stay the evening prior to your delivery at the Greenville Marriott as our guest. A block of rooms is reserved each week under our account at the hotel and you will not be assigned a room until check-in. Please do not contact the hotel to confirm your reservation. This email acts as the confirmation for both your hotel and delivery experience.

Please note that the BMW Performance Center is closely monitoring the developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This is an unprecedented national health emergency and we will continue to develop and adjust our plans as necessary. Currently BMW Manufacturing has informed us they have suspended all factory tours and a tour will not be available on the day of your delivery. Also, all guests will be asked to wear a mask during the vehicle overview, while touring the BMW Museum and when social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible. You may choose to bring your own mask, or one can be provided to you upon arrival to the BMW Performance Center.

Due to the constantly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, we do not recommend making any travel arrangements until 2 weeks prior to your delivery date. If we encounter delays due to COVID-19 closures, production schedules, weather, or any other unforeseeable circumstances, your delivery date may need to be changed prior to that 2-week window. If we are notified of a delay, we will contact you immediately to arrange a new delivery date.

The attached Performance Center Delivery Information flyer will inform you of what to expect during your delivery and travel information which may be beneficial in planning your trip.

Important Information:

· The delivery program is designed for you and one guest; additional guests cannot be accommodated, NO EXCEPTIONS.

· Your delivery day will start at 8am and conclude around 3pm.

· Participants must present a valid driver’s license (participants 15 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian).

· Childcare services are not available. If your guest is a child under the age of 12, you will be required to accompany them in our café and will not be able to participate in the BMW factory tour or any driving activities during the day.

· No pets are allowed at the BMW Performance Center or the Marriott hotel.

· Dress code is casual and comfortable. Completely enclosed shoes (no high heels, sandals, or clogs) are required.

· European Delivery customers, who have already taken delivery of their vehicle in Europe, will not receive a vehicle overview during re-delivery.

Please read the following important documents attached:

IMPORTANT – Covid-19 Info
Performance Center Delivery Information
Includes

o What to Expect

o Important Information About Your Delivery

o Travel Information

o Things to Bring

o Visitor Information

Travel Form

Please complete and return your travel form no earlier than two weeks prior to your delivery.

Accessories

Accessories are unable to be installed at the BMW Performance Center. Some accessories can be installed at the port prior to the vehicle being transported to our facility. Please check with your BMW Client Advisor for information and pricing on accessories for your new BMW.

Cancellations

If you need to cancel your Performance Center Delivery, notify the BMW Center from whom you ordered the vehicle immediately. They are required to submit a cancellation form for your vehicle. Please note the following two circumstances and the resulting outcome:

- If the vehicle has already been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, you are responsible for any shipping charges that apply to transport the vehicle back to your selling BMW Center. Vehicles are delivered to our facility approximately 2 weeks prior to your delivery date.

- If the vehicle has not been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, upon receipt of the Cancellation Form the vehicle will be re-routed for transport to your selling BMW Center at no additional cost.

We hope your trip here will be a highlight in your automotive experiences and we look forward to meeting you soon. If you have any questions regarding your delivery, please email us at PerformanceCenterDelivery@bmwmc.com . To visit us on BMWUSA.com click here.

Hope this gives you a good idea of what to expect for a Performance Center Delivery, and obviously, all of this information is subject to change at BMW's discretion.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Customer Tax Letter (email attachment).pdf (56.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: pdf Delivery Information.pdf (1.03 MB, 77 views)
File Type: pdf IMPORTANT- COVID-19 Info-1.pdf (20.7 KB, 60 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Travel Information Form_Delivery.doc (60.5 KB, 52 views)

Tom

2003 E65 745i | 2011 F10 550i | 2021 G30 M550xi

Last edited by TomWinMD; 08-05-2020 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: Clarity in Title
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2020, 07:39 PM   #200
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWinMD View Post
I received my welcome letter from BMW for Performance Center Delivery. What follows is what I gleaned from it, and I've provided the welcome letter and attachments for anyone who is interested to review. Choosing this option is up to you, and an arrangement between you, the dealer, and BMW. I'm just passing along information as a customer, not a representative of BMW.

Some things I noticed that you'll want to be aware of:

You need to complete and return the Travel Form no earlier than three weeks prior to delivery.

You need to complete the purchase with your local CA NLT a week prior to the delivery date.

Bring your bill of sale, proof of insurance, temp tags or license plates provided by your CA to the Center for your delivery.

Factory tours at the plant are not being offered due to the Covid-19 situation.

If you answer yes to their Covid-19 screening questions (attached), they will not let you in the Center or participate in the delivery experience. You need to take the survey on-line no sooner than 24 hours prior to delivery day and print the 'Access Approval' page or save a screenshot on your phone to show upon arrival at the Performance Center the day of your delivery.

South Carolina imposes a use tax of $500 upon the first us e of a new vehicle purchased in some states - apparently its not often collected, but it's possible - see the attachment for details.

Also, note that once the vehicle is transported to the Performance Center (about two weeks prior to your delivery date), if you choose to cancel the experience, you are on the hook for the transportation charges to your local dealer. If it hasn't been sent to the Performance Center and you cancel, BMW covers the shipping to your local dealer.

The Covid situation obviously impacts the delivery, but it appears BMW is doing what they can to remain flexible, yet safe - selecting this delivery option is a ultimately a personal decision.

The Welcome Letter (e-mail) follows:

------------------------------------------------

Dear TomWinMD,

We are excited you have chosen to take delivery of your new vehicle at the BMW Performance Center. This email is to confirm your Performance Center Delivery for production number 000000 which is scheduled for 9/1/2020. You will stay the evening prior to your delivery at the Greenville Marriott as our guest. A block of rooms is reserved each week under our account at the hotel and you will not be assigned a room until check-in. Please do not contact the hotel to confirm your reservation. This email acts as the confirmation for both your hotel and delivery experience.

Please note that the BMW Performance Center is closely monitoring the developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This is an unprecedented national health emergency and we will continue to develop and adjust our plans as necessary. Currently BMW Manufacturing has informed us they have suspended all factory tours and a tour will not be available on the day of your delivery. Also, all guests will be asked to wear a mask during the vehicle overview, while touring the BMW Museum and when social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible. You may choose to bring your own mask, or one can be provided to you upon arrival to the BMW Performance Center.

Due to the constantly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, we do not recommend making any travel arrangements until 2 weeks prior to your delivery date. If we encounter delays due to COVID-19 closures, production schedules, weather, or any other unforeseeable circumstances, your delivery date may need to be changed prior to that 2-week window. If we are notified of a delay, we will contact you immediately to arrange a new delivery date.

The attached Performance Center Delivery Information flyer will inform you of what to expect during your delivery and travel information which may be beneficial in planning your trip.

Important Information:

· The delivery program is designed for you and one guest; additional guests cannot be accommodated, NO EXCEPTIONS.

· Your delivery day will start at 8am and conclude around 3pm.

· Participants must present a valid driver’s license (participants 15 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian).

· Childcare services are not available. If your guest is a child under the age of 12, you will be required to accompany them in our café and will not be able to participate in the BMW factory tour or any driving activities during the day.

· No pets are allowed at the BMW Performance Center or the Marriott hotel.

· Dress code is casual and comfortable. Completely enclosed shoes (no high heels, sandals, or clogs) are required.

· European Delivery customers, who have already taken delivery of their vehicle in Europe, will not receive a vehicle overview during re-delivery.

Please read the following important documents attached:

IMPORTANT – Covid-19 Info
Performance Center Delivery Information
Includes

o What to Expect

o Important Information About Your Delivery

o Travel Information

o Things to Bring

o Visitor Information

Travel Form

Please complete and return your travel form no earlier than two weeks prior to your delivery.

Accessories

Accessories are unable to be installed at the BMW Performance Center. Some accessories can be installed at the port prior to the vehicle being transported to our facility. Please check with your BMW Client Advisor for information and pricing on accessories for your new BMW.

Cancellations

If you need to cancel your Performance Center Delivery, notify the BMW Center from whom you ordered the vehicle immediately. They are required to submit a cancellation form for your vehicle. Please note the following two circumstances and the resulting outcome:

- If the vehicle has already been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, you are responsible for any shipping charges that apply to transport the vehicle back to your selling BMW Center. Vehicles are delivered to our facility approximately 2 weeks prior to your delivery date.

- If the vehicle has not been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, upon receipt of the Cancellation Form the vehicle will be re-routed for transport to your selling BMW Center at no additional cost.

We hope your trip here will be a highlight in your automotive experiences and we look forward to meeting you soon. If you have any questions regarding your delivery, please email us at PerformanceCenterDelivery@bmwmc.com . To visit us on BMWUSA.com click here.

Hope this gives you a good idea of what to expect for a Performance Center Delivery, and obviously, all of this information is subject to change at BMW's discretion.
Thanks for sharing! That's pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:24 AM   #201
jondoc72
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
I heard from my CA this morning. Delivery at the PDC is scheduled for 1 September. (I've been waiting six months, what's four more weeks?)

So here's what should be the final timeline.

(Read: Event: Date - Elapsed days since production number assigned (Amplifying comments.)

Production number received (Status 111): 5/28 - Day 0 (BMW reflects some, but not all of the options from my original order.)

Scheduled for production (Status 112): 5/29 - 1 Day elapsed from production number.

(I made some changes to the configuration at this point due to the LCI dropping some options, but since the car hadn’t begun production, it did not impact the timeline. The changes were committed on 6/5/2020.)

The car entered production and a VIN was assigned (Status 150): 6/16 – Day 19 (Any changes to the options, etc. after this point would have delayed the build of the car.)

Exterior body assembly and painting (Status 151 & 152): 6/29 – Day 32

Entered the assembly line (Status 153): 6/30 – Day 33

Assembly in progress, quality check, final assembly, ready for transport, and awaiting carrier assignment (Status 155 & 182): 7/1 – Day 34 (A total of 3 days to build the car, including a 24 hour delay (probably for the paint to complete curing, the next dayshift, etc.)

On the train to Bremerhaven (Status 190): 7/2 – Day 35

At the Port of Bremerhaven (Status 193): 7/3 – Day 36

In transit (on the Ro Ro Ship HORIZON HIGHWAY – Status 195): 7/8 – Day 41

I lost updated tracking on the ship on 7/14 (Day 47) after it made a couple of port visits and headed out across the Atlantic. Rather than paying for the Satellite tracking (or playing the sign up for 7 days free, and sign up again), I waited for the ship to get in range of a U.S. east coast shore AIS station, which happened Friday (7/24 - Day 57) as the ship approached the Chesapeake Bay.

From Bremerhaven to Baltimore, total transit time was 22 days (the ship docked on 7/25 – Day 58).

The ship then left Baltimore for Brunswick, GA on 7/27 (Day 60) and docked in Brunswick on 7/29 (Day 62).

The Horizon Highway left Brunswick on 7/31 (Day 64) and docked at Charleston on 8/1 (Day 65).

The car was un-loaded on 8/1 (Day 65) and began processing at the port on 8/3 (Day 67).

On 8/65 (Day 69), my CA informed me that the car had cleared the engineering holds (likely due to emissions inspection for the new MY cars) and the PDC was scheduling delivery for 9/1 (Day 96).

So, 96 calendar days from production number assignment to delivery at the PDC in South Carolina. I think that number is the more realistic benchmark to be aware of, because...

If we count from the day I placed the order and put down the deposit, it's taken six months, bearing in mind that includes the impact of the pandemic - which included a month long shutdown at the factories in Germany, and the delay caused by BMW's cancellation of all 2020 MY production of the M550i as production resumed, which converted the orders into 2021 MY cars.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I'll post some additional information about the PDC delivery soon.
Kool, you car is almost there!
What is engineering holding? did the 2021 models cleared the fuel evaluations
Mine is “awaiting carrier” stage now for 4 days
Looks the new cars have to wait in the factory till a ship is ready and then take the train to port.
I’m researching now regarding clear bra and ceramic protection ( my car is carbon black ) to be installed as soon I receive it. I guess that’s ghe good thing about the waiting, you have plenty of time to burn.

Last edited by jondoc72; 08-06-2020 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 11:08 AM   #202
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoc72 View Post
Kool, you car is almost there!
What is engineering holding? did the 2021 models cleared the fuel evaluations
Mine is “awaiting carrier” stage now for 4 days
Looks the new cars have to wait in the factory till a ship is ready and then take the train to port.
I’m researching now regarding clear bra and ceramic protection ( my car is carbon black ) to be installed as soon I receive it. I guess that’s ghe good thing about the waiting, you have plenty of time to burn.
The engineering hold is likely for two reasons - last software updates, etc. for the new MY car that didn't make the factory build process, and final U.S. emissions clearance. The delay was only 2 working days after the car was off-loaded from the ship.

I'm going to be using Expel paint protection and ceramic window tinting. More on that (and updated photos) after I get it scheduled post delivery.

Tom

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #203
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Thanks for sharing! That's pretty cool.
You're welcome. Happy to do it.

I'll post more about the delivery experience after we get back from it. Probably over the Labor Day weekend - stay tuned and tell your friends.

Tom

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #204
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
You're welcome. Happy to do it.

I'll post more about the delivery experience after we get back from it. Probably over the Labor Day weekend - stay tuned and tell your friends.
I will keep an eye out

I skipped PCD, but might make the trip down to SC to do the factory tour. Looking forward to your writeup
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 12:43 PM   #205
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
I will keep an eye out

I skipped PCD, but might make the trip down to SC to do the factory tour. Looking forward to your writeup
Thanks.

The factory tour is scrapped right now because of Covid, but one day it will be back. In the meantime, you can always look at taking one of their performance driving courses.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/driverschool

Tom

Last edited by TomWinMD; 08-06-2020 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Corrected link.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 01:02 PM   #206
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks.

The factory tour is scrapped right now because of Covid, but one day it will be back. In the meantime, you can always look at taking one of their performance driving courses.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/driverschool
I'll keep that in mind. Shame they are only offering track days included for cars purchased this year!

But I'll definitely keep that in mind as that would be great.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #207
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 540i xDrive

Mine is due to land in Baltimore on August 13! Previous order wasn't going to land till October so dealer found a better specced mineral white already on the boat and did a swap with another dealer. Phew! I hope those 19" rims handle MA roads
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 03:35 PM   #208
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malpatti View Post
Mine is due to land in Baltimore on August 13! Previous order wasn't going to land till October so dealer found a better specced mineral white already on the boat and did a swap with another dealer. Phew! I hope those 19" rims handle MA roads
Congrats.

I had some issues with my F10 550i when it had the Goodyear run flats. The tires kept ending up with sidewall bulges every time I hit a pot hole, and because the tires were low profiles, I had to have two of the wheels replaced - they were cracked when I bought the car (it was covered under warranty). A few years later, after I switched out the crappy run flats, I hit another pot hole and cracked one of the other wheels - that one needed to be welded.

I think the quality of the run flats has improved a bit over the years, but now I avoid pot holes like the plague. I'll be doing the same thing with my new car, and I'll be switching to winter tires from December until March.

Tom

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:43 PM   #209
malpatti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 540i xDrive

Quote:
Congrats.

I had some issues with my F10 550i when it had the Goodyear run flats. The tires kept ending up with sidewall bulges every time I hit a pot hole, and because the tires were low profiles, I had to have two of the wheels replaced - they were cracked when I bought the car (it was covered under warranty). A few years later, after I switched out the crappy run flats, I hit another pot hole and cracked one of the other wheels - that one needed to be welded.

I think the quality of the run flats has improved a bit over the years, but now I avoid pot holes like the plague. I'll be doing the same thing with my new car, and I'll be switching to winter tires from December until March.
Cheers! Yeah as LogicalApex has pointed out, hopefully the tires are Pirelli and are covered by their warranty if the sidewall busts. Nothing much I can do about the rims, except perhaps get the BMW protection plan... which is $$$ but I will try and negotiate. With the parking assistant, I'm hoping I don't curb them! Or maybe I'll get performance tires on the 19" and then switch back to the all season rf for winter. Grrr I really didn't want anything larger than 18".

Last edited by malpatti; 08-06-2020 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 10:32 PM   #210
alewifebp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Garage List
2024 i5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Congrats.

Yup, very well known problem with AWD F10 cars. That's why I went with the the RWD order for my two F10s. Still had plenty of tire/rim issues. Not as bad on the G30, but I've still gone through 2-3 tires.

That's also why I went with a dedicated tire and rim set for the winter months, when the pothole problem is most prevalent in the northeast.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 05:45 AM   #211
carbo56
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by alewifebp View Post
Yup, very well known problem with AWD F10 cars. That's why I went with the the RWD order for my two F10s. Still had plenty of tire/rim issues. Not as bad on the G30, but I've still gone through 2-3 tires.

That's also why I went with a dedicated tire and rim set for the winter months, when the pothole problem is most prevalent in the northeast.
My 2018 M550 was my first time with summer tires (Michelin Primacy) and I live in NJ, so I went with a winter set up (Pirelli Sottozero 3).

The Michelins have been excellent, and I am still on my original set which have 21K miles on them and they still have a good amount of tread left. No issues at all and they are very quiet and handle exceptionally well.

The Pirelli Sottozeros have been a different story. I drove 12K miles on them, three winter seasons. They are certainly noisier. I think they are a decent handling tire for winter. But each season, I had one develop a large sidewall bubble. I real pain in the ass, since each time, it was in March, when a replacement was no longer available for the season, so I needed to put the summers on a little early and then wait for November to get a replacement. They are currently in the basement, one with a bubble...

For my last three cars, I had the BMW wheel and tire insurance. And those Pirellis were they only time I used it. Ironically, the Pirellis come with hazard insurance, so I could have used that instead.

I am turning in the 2018 when my 2021 M550 arrives later this month. It will have summer tires, and I will wait to see what brand before I decide whether to get the wheel and tire insurance again, but I am thinking that I will probably pass this time.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 09:03 AM   #212
TomWinMD
Tom W
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbo56 View Post
My 2018 M550 was my first time with summer tires (Michelin Primacy) and I live in NJ, so I went with a winter set up (Pirelli Sottozero 3).

The Michelins have been excellent, and I am still on my original set which have 21K miles on them and they still have a good amount of tread left. No issues at all and they are very quiet and handle exceptionally well.

The Pirelli Sottozeros have been a different story. I drove 12K miles on them, three winter seasons. They are certainly noisier. I think they are a decent handling tire for winter. But each season, I had one develop a large sidewall bubble. I real pain in the ass, since each time, it was in March, when a replacement was no longer available for the season, so I needed to put the summers on a little early and then wait for November to get a replacement. They are currently in the basement, one with a bubble...

For my last three cars, I had the BMW wheel and tire insurance. And those Pirellis were they only time I used it. Ironically, the Pirellis come with hazard insurance, so I could have used that instead.

I am turning in the 2018 when my 2021 M550 arrives later this month. It will have summer tires, and I will wait to see what brand before I decide whether to get the wheel and tire insurance again, but I am thinking that I will probably pass this time.
I'm running my F10 (RWD) on a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 UHP all-season tires - haven't had any issues with them and I've had them (since July 2018 ~40K miles). The wheels seem to be the biggest issue when it comes to the pot holes.

For the new G30, I was planning on running the Pirelli Sottozeros, but now I'm not so sure - thanks for the word on the bubbles. I may give the Vredestein Quatrac Pro GT All Season's a shot. Maryland's winters aren't New England's, and I don't have any interest in a set of Pirelli's for a $1,000+ that develop sidewall bubbles.

Tom

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 10:08 AM   #213
carbo56
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
I'm running my F10 (RWD) on a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 UHP all-season tires - haven't had any issues with them and I've had them (since July 2018 ~40K miles). The wheels seem to be the biggest issue when it comes to the pot holes.

For the new G30, I was planning on running the Pirelli Sottozeros, but now I'm not so sure - thanks for the word on the bubbles. I may give the Vredestein Quatrac Pro GT All Season's a shot. Maryland's winters aren't New England's, and I don't have any interest in a set of Pirelli's for a $1,000+ that develop sidewall bubbles.
Given that I ordered my new M550 with the spare option, I might decide to go with non-run flats for the winter.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 10:51 PM   #214
alewifebp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Garage List
2024 i5 M60  [0.00]
For the winter set, I went a size down to 18", which I think made the biggest difference in that area. However, one of the biggest areas of improvement was snow traction. A RWD 450 HP sedan was able to confidently do things that I could never have imagined doing with all seasons, xDrive or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 08:53 AM   #215
jondoc72
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

My car is been sitting in the stage “waiting for carrier assigment” since 8/3/2020
Is this normal? BMW genius cannot give any further details. Will reach dealer to see if they know what is the holdup. BMW phone automated system says the same
A little bit upsetting

Last edited by jondoc72; 08-10-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 09:13 AM   #216
spatel19
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
My car is been sitting in the stage “waiting for carrier assigment” since 8/3/2020
Is this normal? BMW genius cannot give any further details. Will reach dealer to see if they know what is the holdup. BMW phone automated system says the same
A little bit upsetting
Mine is the same way. It has not moved since last week.
2018 Carbon Black/Ivory White 540xi M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 09:45 AM   #217
jondoc72
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatel19 View Post
Mine is the same way. It has not moved since last week.
Looks not many cars being ordered, the are getting them gathered?
I know one boat leaves today to the east coast
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 12:53 PM   #218
jondoc72
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Kool!!! just nowthe status went into “ dispached from factory”
My dealer also told me car is at the port waiting for shipping
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 07:05 PM   #219
spatel19
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
Kool!!! just nowthe status went into “ dispached from factory”
My dealer also told me car is at the port waiting for shipping

Mine changed to in transit. So I guess my car is on the way. You should be on a ship soon.
2018 Carbon Black/Ivory White 540xi M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 07:56 PM   #220
jondoc72
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatel19 View Post
Mine changed to in transit. So I guess my car is on the way. You should be on a ship soon.
Waooo souds kool, your car is on the way!
Mine shows at the port now, hopefully will change in the morning
Appreciate 0