BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Newby question 540x

06-18-2020, 10:07 AM   #1
vbogdanov
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 540x

Hi, have a few quick questions, looking for guidance. I have 540x sport line, and I want to upgrade my wheels. Currently I have 664m with 245/40/r19 (strangely front and back same). I did like to get the 648m 20s.

What are the best tires and sizes since it's x drive in north East. Prefer all year round and comfortable / softer ride that can take a few pot holes around NYC.

I believe my current setup does not require new rotors/discs but would be great to confirm.

Lastly how do you guys feel about upgrading brakes, clips, rotors to Blue or red? My service guy told me they squick a lot, is that true?

Thanks
VB
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 06:18 PM   #2
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Do you have to have runflat tires? I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (non run flat) on my 540 and love them, but living in Virginia the winters are far less severe. I do find them to be very quiet and comfortable when just commuting, but with plenty of grip when I decide to drive the car like a BMW.
Appreciate 0