BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications M550i N63 Wastegate Actuator Pain

01-10-2024, 07:27 AM   #1
andrewkoz
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550ix

M550i N63 Wastegate Actuator Pain

I've got a wastegate actuator issue on my m550 N63. bank 2.
I was getting jammed code messages intermittently, so I ordered a replacement on ebay. The turbo itself appears fine.

Installed new actuator and it moved a bit on PAD mode. Now is making a high pitched whining sound. I installed the old one, and now it's making the same high pitch whine. The turbo gate is not currently screwed on to ensure it's not bound up.

ISTA shows 123704 Electrical wastegate valve 2, position sensor, signal: Short circuit to ground.

Anyone got any ideas on this? connections seem secure and no sight of corrosion.

I find it weird that my original actuator is also whining now. I never had that code until I installed the replacement unit.

Do you all think I should connect bank 1's actuator to the bank 2 connector just to eliminate? I'm worried that I may fry it if the DME is hosed.

I'm going to get a new meter today and will check 5v/gnd from the connector later, but wanted to see if anyone had this issue or any ideas.
Appreciate 0