BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Campaign Hold 'retrofit camera'

08-13-2021, 01:46 AM   #23
iball123456
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible, iX50 MSport

Dealer has advised me yesterday the car should be with them by 20 August. So fingers crossed.

Is there any sign of yours?

I thought they call came with run flats regardless of wheel size?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 08:54 AM   #24
OldManEstate
Rep
Drives: Bmw G31 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by iball123456 View Post
Dealer has advised me yesterday the car should be with them by 20 August. So fingers crossed.

Is there any sign of yours?

I thought they call came with run flats regardless of wheel size?
Sounds like good news, you must keen to get your hands on it.

No news on mine. Not a sausage from the dealer; BMW genius seems to think it'll be with them on 17th August but dealer has no clue. I find it very unnerving how the dealer appears to be out of the loop despite me ordering directly from BMW so no middle man.

The online configurator seems to suggest 19s won't be run flat. Fingers crossed as I don't fancy spending 1k on new tyres straight off the bat.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 04:29 PM   #25
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 5er

Garage List
  [0.00]
My car should be at the dealer some time this week. I'm still waiting for the parts-shortage hammer to fall at the last minute but if all goes well, I should be good this time, next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 04:38 AM   #26
iball123456
Rep

I've been away for a couple of weeks, but while I was away, I got a message from the dealer to say it had arrived with them. I've opted to wait and get it on 1st September, for the sake of 10 days it will be worth a few more pennies when I come to sell it.

Any sign of yours yet?

Anyone know why on the online configurator you can no longer add the Technology Plus pack? It just says "Due to product updates it is currently not possible to add the desired option to your configuration."
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 01:29 PM   #27
OldManEstate
Rep
Drives: Bmw G31 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by iball123456 View Post
I've been away for a couple of weeks, but while I was away, I got a message from the dealer to say it had arrived with them. I've opted to wait and get it on 1st September, for the sake of 10 days it will be worth a few more pennies when I come to sell it.

Any sign of yours yet?

Anyone know why on the online configurator you can no longer add the Technology Plus pack? It just says "Due to product updates it is currently not possible to add the desired option to your configuration."
Had a call from the dealer out of the blue last week and its being delivered to me this coming Friday. I would have waited until September but I need it for a family holiday the coming weekend.

The technology plus package is affected by the semiconductor shortage with several options such as wireless charging not being available. A few weeks ago you could add the pack but the price changed to £4495; they must just be figuring out which components they can source going forward.

Have you had experience with the bmw service package? Will you opt for it with this new car?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 12:27 AM   #28
iball123456
Rep

Great news.

You'll have to post some pictures.

I had the service pack on mine and my wife's last cars, but it was the one off payment upfront for 3 or 5 years free servicing. I meant to look into it for my wife's new car and the dealer sent me the stuff but I haven't looked at it.

Will probably go for it, Mercedes had a similar scheme to the current BMW one which worked pretty well.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 09:35 PM   #29
scsfll
SCSFLL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550I /2019 X5 Premium

Garage List
My M550 has been sitting at port in New Jersey for 2+ weeks. How do I find out what the issue is?
My dealer is telling me that the 8 cylider gets delayed longer by Feds?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 10:56 PM   #30
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsfll View Post
My M550 has been sitting at port in New Jersey for 2+ weeks. How do I find out what the issue is?
My dealer is telling me that the 8 cylider gets delayed longer by Feds?
You don't. Your dealer is making up excuses.

In July/August of some new MY sometimes cars get stuck on a monroney hold while BMW provides necessary documentation to the EPA. I doubt that's the case here. More than likely the port is awaiting a part or other campaign hold on your car. Or, maybe the port is just extremely busy. You can ask dealer to show you the status in DCSnet to double check car was not transport damaged and being repaired at the port.
      09-12-2021, 01:18 PM   #31
Steveo535
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Phytonic Blue X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManEstate View Post
Had a call from the dealer out of the blue last week and its being delivered to me this coming Friday. I would have waited until September but I need it for a family holiday the coming weekend.

The technology plus package is affected by the semiconductor shortage with several options such as wireless charging not being available. A few weeks ago you could add the pack but the price changed to £4495; they must just be figuring out which components they can source going forward.

Have you had experience with the bmw service package? Will you opt for it with this new car?
Hi All

I find this strange as you can order the Tech plus pack on the 530e Touring but no other 5 Touring.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 07:20 AM   #32
HugoKim
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520i LCI

For your information, In my country(Korea) - The digital key, wireless charging, Kick motion option have completed removed from the package with $600 car price discount.
Appreciate 0