BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-11-2009, 03:35 AM   #1
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Some Phone/iPhone 3G question

OK I still haven't got my car yet, still waiting for documents to finish . I already have bluetooth and Pro SatNav, I also have the USB port under the armrest.

I own a Nokia E71 mobile, an iPhone 3G and an iPod 80GB. I already bought the BMW iPod cable as the iPod is going to be sitting in the car. Now when I went to check the car it had this phone thing in the center armrest, is this where the snap in adapter supposed to go ? also I would like to know how many phones can I pair with the car? the iPhone is my personal phone & internet phone. The E71 has the number that I give to everybody even work. Now is there a snap in adapter for the iPhone 3G yet? and if there is one and I hook my iPhone to it will cut off my iPod and start playing music from that?
      05-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
Bones13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i BSM/Coral

Got the smartphone prep, but have not gotten the iPhone 3G snap in yet.

My car came with the USB "Y" cable, and my iPod lives under the armrest, in the little carrier thing.

The iPhone connected with the bluetooth quite easily, and works seamlessly with the radio, pausing the radio to beep for the incoming call. Dialing via the iDrive is also easy.

I will consider getting the snap in adapter if I ever travel much with this car. Day to day it is much easier to leave my phone in my pocket.

My brother has X5 with idrive, and it would ask which phone (he also used more than one phone) to use upon startup, so I bet you can pair more than one phone. Not sure about multiple phone directories or anything. I have not tested multiple phones with mine at this point.
Navigation/Premium Audio/USB/iPod
Heated Seats/Xenon/Bike Prep
Appreciate 0