BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Atm Modul water damge

05-13-2024, 05:22 PM   #1
Sergiu88
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i G30

Atm Modul water damge

Hi, i'm new here, i have a problem with my 2018 BMW G30 540i i got water in the atm module and now i'm going to replace it my question is can i transfer the sim card to a second hand module or do I really need a new module that will later be programmed on my car so that I can still use the app on my phone and be permanently connected to the car?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 08:22 AM   #2
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergiu88 View Post
Hi, i'm new here, i have a problem with my 2018 BMW G30 540i i got water in the atm module and now i'm going to replace it my question is can i transfer the sim card to a second hand module or do I really need a new module that will later be programmed on my car so that I can still use the app on my phone and be permanently connected to the car?
You will need a new module, coding will enable your connected services to function in car. For Remote services to work you will need to take it into a dealer so they can program and activate new IMEI and SIM with the MINIs backend network. This is a dealer only service.
Try searching the boards, a few threads open regarding water damaged ATMs
Appreciate 0