BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Eton B-100 W speakers

12-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #23
Mach550
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguthepenguin View Post
Has anyone tried the ETON 195 sub? I am just so disappointed with the bass from the H&K system. I am UK based so looking for BAVSOUND alternatives?
Yeah, I'd like to feel a little more. Is there a sub under the seat with H&K? I haven't looked myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 06:52 PM   #24
saporitj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

Two
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=21114045
      01-28-2019, 08:13 AM   #25
Jrunr
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 M40i - G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
I installed a set of these in the front doors of the car yesterday. Big improvement over the HK. Hard to believe the Mickey Mouse nature of the HK speakers in comparison to these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ETON-B100W-.../dp/B00BUPR54S
Can you explain the difference in sound between the HK and the Eton speakers? Was it just the tweeter that made a difference or did the midrange change as well? More mid-bass? Different vocals? How about the efficiency? Did you feel like you had to turn the byline knob higher to get the same amount of volume as before?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 10:47 AM   #26
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
Can you explain the difference in sound between the HK and the Eton speakers? Was it just the tweeter that made a difference or did the midrange change as well? More mid-bass? Different vocals? How about the efficiency? Did you feel like you had to turn the byline knob higher to get the same amount of volume as before?
The Etons are less sharp, smoother and yes they do provide more mid-bass. The only thing I had to turn down was the treble.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 09:30 AM   #27
Jrunr
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 M40i - G05

Quote:
The Etons are less sharp, smoother and yes they do provide more mid-bass. The only thing I had to turn down was the treble.
I just got mine so i am looking to get them installed this week. I am definitely looking forward to the improvements you listed below.

Has the sound changed much since the speakers have broken in?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 03:18 AM   #28
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
I just got mine so i am looking to get them installed this week. I am definitely looking forward to the improvements you listed below.

Has the sound changed much since the speakers have broken in?
Yes. They have loosened up and produce more bass.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 09:09 PM   #29
Spade33
Rep
Drives: Subaru Impreza

The Etons have silk dome tweeters and are very very smooth. There is no harshness or fatigue at all, even at very high volumes, which I really like.

However, because of the smoothness they do lack some definition and liveliness that IMO needs to be balanced out by livelier speakers in the rear. I would not recommend replacing all speakers with Etons. In my 2 series I had the setup mentioned here https://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1236238 and it was very good.

Currently I have the B&W in my m550i and am considering replacing the front tweeters with the Etons. I have mixed feelings about the B&W but for the most part I am not happy with how bright and forward the sound is.. it can be too much at higher volume levels. Will be interesting to see how swapping the tweeters will affect my impression of it, assuming the wiring/impedance is even compatible.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 08:26 PM   #30
vinch9292
China
Rep
Drives: BMW 530Le G38

I'm thinking of upgrading the oem speakers to Eton's but simply replacing all speakers without a decent amplifier wont make much different.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #31
moynihank
Irish Beemer
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW G30 M-Sport

Quote:
I installed a set of these in the front doors of the car yesterday. Big improvement over the HK. Hard to believe the Mickey Mouse nature of the HK speakers in comparison to these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ETON-B100W-.../dp/B00BUPR54S
Kieran here in Cork. I have a G30 with standard speakers (not even HK). Would love an upgrade as I do enjoy cranking the volume up every now and then. I've no tweeters either (so I expect no wiring for same). Would you recommend those Eltons as a good upgrade to my current set-up? I find when I turn up the volume on mine, you lose a lot of sound quality and get some disturbance. If I just change speakers in the front doors, will I still have issues given that there are many more speakers in the car (rear and under seats). Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 01:12 AM   #32
aadum
Second Lieutenant
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 330xd e92 ,520d f10, 540i G30

any ideas if bmw left cabling for rear speakers with HI-FI option?
in addition to above, anyone know if harman kardon amp will be plug and play instead of hi fi system (other than coding)

Last edited by aadum; 05-19-2019 at 01:12 AM.. Reason: added coding part
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 03:12 AM   #33
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynihank View Post
Kieran here in Cork. I have a G30 with standard speakers (not even HK). Would love an upgrade as I do enjoy cranking the volume up every now and then. I've no tweeters either (so I expect no wiring for same). Would you recommend those Eltons as a good upgrade to my current set-up? I find when I turn up the volume on mine, you lose a lot of sound quality and get some disturbance. If I just change speakers in the front doors, will I still have issues given that there are many more speakers in the car (rear and under seats). Cheers.
Hi Kieran. I have a full set of Eton speakers for sale as I have changed my car. I have speakers and tweeters for the front doors, the rear shelf and the centre dash. However, I do think that you might need a separate amp to get the best from the Etons.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 03:17 AM   #34
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadum View Post
any ideas if bmw left cabling for rear speakers with HI-FI option?
in addition to above, anyone know if harman kardon amp will be plug and play instead of hi fi system (other than coding)
I don't think that there would be cabling for the rear doors - you would have the remove a rear door card to be sure.
I think the answer to your second question is yes. Though, if you're upgading the Hi-Fi system I would recommend the MatchUp 7 amp which is designed specifically for it. I have a full set of Eton speakers to replace the Hi-Fi speakers for sale comprising of front doors with tweeters, centre dash and rear shelf.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 01:29 AM   #35
aadum
Second Lieutenant
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
I don't think that there would be cabling for the rear doors - you would have the remove a rear door card to be sure.
I think the answer to your second question is yes. Though, if you're upgading the Hi-Fi system I would recommend the MatchUp 7 amp which is designed specifically for it. I have a full set of Eton speakers to replace the Hi-Fi speakers for sale comprising of front doors with tweeters, centre dash and rear shelf.
would you sell your rear shelf ones?
      05-20-2019, 02:19 AM   #36
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadum View Post
would you sell your rear shelf ones?
Yes I would. I have two sets of rear shelf speakers. I have OEM HK speakers consisting of mids ans seperate tweeters. I also have a set of Eton B100 XN coax speakers.
Which are you interested in?
As it happens I will be in Split in August!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 06:20 AM   #37
moynihank
Irish Beemer
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW G30 M-Sport

Quote:
Hi Kieran. I have a full set of Eton speakers for sale as I have changed my car. I have speakers and tweeters for the front doors, the rear shelf and the centre dash. However, I do think that you might need a separate amp to get the best from the Etons.
Can you PM me a price please for that lot? Are the tweeters separate? I don't have tweeters in my car nor the covers for them.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 11:41 PM   #38
aadum
Second Lieutenant
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Yes I would. I have two sets of rear shelf speakers. I have OEM HK speakers consisting of mids ans seperate tweeters. I also have a set of Eton B100 XN coax speakers.
Which are you interested in?
As it happens I will be in Split in August!
I would prefer Eton...Can you PM the price for them?
HK underseats? do you have those if you do send me a price for them too.
If you need anything in Split I will give you my no.
      01-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #39
creativ101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30

Just installed the Etons in the front doors (mid and tweets). I didnt disconnect everything on the back of the door panel except the locking cable. Just took it off and laid it on the floor whilst i replaced the door speakers. Took an hour both sides.
Havent had a chance to disconnect the dash centre speaker.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 03:31 AM   #40
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativ101 View Post
Just installed the Etons in the front doors (mid and tweets). I didnt disconnect everything on the back of the door panel except the locking cable. Just took it off and laid it on the floor whilst i replaced the door speakers. Took an hour both sides.
Havent had a chance to disconnect the dash centre speaker.
Any thoughts on how it sounds?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 02:24 AM   #41
creativ101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30

Takes a little while for the speakers to settle. Initial impressions weren't great but they do sound better now. The focals in my f10 did sound better, clearer, better mid range. May be worth looking at the focals for the g30 also.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2023, 06:43 AM   #42
JH1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d SE G30 2017

Swapping back to stock speakers…

Been some time since I posted I was changing to the Etons. I have really enjoyed these speakers (B100 W); that silk dome tweeter is a gem!

I’m about to change the G30 after 6 years of very happy ownership, and if I don’t enjoy the next car as much, I will be going straight back to a G30, so I’ve taken the Etons out and replaced them with the originals. Straight away the sound stage and silky smoothness have disappeared, so their improvements above the stock speakers are obvious when you swap back! Price for these has now risen to over £300, so I’ll be hanging on to these just in case I decide to go back to another 5 Series at some point.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 06:25 AM   #43
Mike 540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Just to give you a better choice, why wouldn´t you consider also Focals as a fair replacement of stock speakers? There is plug and play set which is pretty good and is further upgradeable with even better K2 line speakers for the fronts. I have done that plus I added Match UP 8 DSP amp and the result is amazing. My original stereo was the basic (no amp, no tweeters).
Appreciate 0