BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW’s Head of Design facing our toughest critic

05-23-2021, 04:04 PM   #23
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
"In 2010, the European Union introduced new auto safety standards designed to reduce pedestrian fatalities and injuries, stemming from a set of recommendations released by the United Nations the previous year [PDF].

To reduce the risk of head trauma, the EU rules call for features like higher hoods to reduce the severity of impact in the event a driver strikes someone outside the car. Mandates to improve “survivability” for pedestrians have prompted some vehicle makers to incorporate external airbags."
One of those articles states the reason the US hasn't adopted a lot of these standards is because they "aren't sure how this would apply to trucks and SUVs"

The ironic part of this whole thing is when you look at the new Escalades and realize you could fit a 12 year old child in front of that grille and never see them...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 04:39 PM   #24
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

Should just make the standard height of an automobile 6' high so the average man can just walk under it.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 04:50 PM   #25
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

"The only thing we've done differently here, let's say, from all the other vehicles, is the kidney, and people buy that because they want to stand out from the crowd." Yep, I could mount a dildo on the hood and also stand out from the crowd, but neither are actually appealing. We buy it now because we love the brand and have no choice.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #26
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Cringey video IMO.

I think it's universally accepted that the i3 is a pretty ugly car. Years ago I went to an i3 release event, and the BMW dealer had an Isetta parked next to the i3. It was almost as if BMW was trying to convince all of us that since they had built an ugly, egg shaped car once before it was we should accept them doing it again. This video screams of that same mentality.

The I3 is on the market since 2013 and still available as a brand new car! Sale numbers are amazing on this car, not so much for the 8 Series.

Like it or not but sale's is very black and white...
Appreciate 0