BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis HELP! Stains on Rotors after Iron Remover :(

04-14-2021, 02:06 AM   #1
G31
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G31 2021

HELP! Stains on Rotors after Iron Remover :(

Hi all,

Please, help with advise:

Just recently applied Iron Remover

(https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-Fine...yABEgKSdPD_BwE)

on the wheels and brake rotors.

It was not the first time I've applied it, but the result has been very disappointing - now there is a lot of bloodshot spots, pink stains from the iron remover on all the brake rotors (see photos). I was thinking that I had rinsed (I was applying it just before to wash the car) it enough but seems that not and the solution stayed longer than needed on the parts.

Car is brand new and I'm just wondering would these bloody stains be gone away just by driving or some chemical solution could remove those as well?

Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-14-2021, 08:25 PM   #2
Norris83
CEO
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850I Gran Coupe Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by G31 View Post
Hi all,

Please, help with advise:

Just recently applied Iron Remover

(https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-Fine...yABEgKSdPD_BwE)

on the wheels and brake rotors.

It was not the first time I've applied it, but the result has been very disappointing - now there is a lot of bloodshot spots, pink stains from the iron remover on all the brake rotors (see photos). I was thinking that I had rinsed (I was applying it just before to wash the car) it enough but seems that not and the solution stayed longer than needed on the parts.

Car is brand new and I'm just wondering would these bloody stains be gone away just by driving or some chemical solution could remove those as well?

Thank you!
These should clean up once you start braking.
2018 M550I Xdrive Alpine White on Cognac Leather, Premium Enhanced Package, Drivers Assitance Plus, Remote Parking/display key, massage seats, 21 wheels style 629 Black Chrome. M performance brakes in blue, M performance carbon fibre diffuser, m performance side skirt extensions, m performance front lip. 45% tint, roof wrapped in gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 06:52 AM   #3
G31
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G31 2021

Thanks, seems that it started to go off slowly
Appreciate 0