BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Splitscreen homepage question

09-23-2021, 11:21 AM   #1
stryder011
Private
Rep
Drives: 325,C300,E350,228,Mustang,M550

Splitscreen homepage question

Hi
Anyone know if its possible to disable split screen in idrive for the HomeScreen widgets page. I've searched through the manual and tried to google it as well but no luck.

So what I want to do is to basically just have the analog clock widget on the Homescreen. Currently it wont let me just create one widget, minimum seems to be two because splitscreen is enabled on the homepage.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:02 PM   #2
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryder011 View Post
Hi
Anyone know if its possible to disable split screen in idrive for the HomeScreen widgets page. I've searched through the manual and tried to google it as well but no luck.

So what I want to do is to basically just have the analog clock widget on the Homescreen. Currently it wont let me just create one widget, minimum seems to be two because splitscreen is enabled on the homepage.

Thank you.
Search around you probably have a 2018 which for some reason in CarPlay splits the screen there's no way you can fix it in the menus you have to purchase an aftermarket code download the software into a laptop you have to purchase a special cable to connect the laptop to your car but you can make it fullscreen it's relatively easy if you follow the steps it's about 50 bucks well worth it
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 08:18 PM   #3
stryder011
Private
Rep
Drives: 325,C300,E350,228,Mustang,M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Search around you probably have a 2018 which for some reason in CarPlay splits the screen there's no way you can fix it in the menus you have to purchase an aftermarket code download the software into a laptop you have to purchase a special cable to connect the laptop to your car but you can make it fullscreen it's relatively easy if you follow the steps it's about 50 bucks well worth it
i have a 2021, the navigation screen has options to turn splitscreen on/off so like if u want to see the complete map. But I was hoping I could turn it off for the homepage. I like to have minimalist look with only the analog clock showing in the center.

Thanks for the advise, i'm sure it can be done using bimmercode but I'm not sure yet that I'm ready for that.
Appreciate 0