BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Icon Adaptive Full LED lights

05-24-2022, 02:33 PM   #89
gunnermanms
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Is your G30 a US or Canadian model?
Its the UK version
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 03:39 PM   #90
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnermanms View Post
Its the UK version
Then they should already be coded.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 03:42 PM   #91
gunnermanms
Rep

Quote:
Then they should already be coded.

would the LED icon adaptive headlights just be plug and play?

currently i dont have the adaptive function, i have also purchased a stalk with the HBA button and also the Icon Adaptive lights.

my current lights are the standard halogen style ones as per the image in the link here:https://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/u...-5-Series.jpeg

I want to have the full HBA Functionality
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 03:47 PM   #92
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
would the LED icon adaptive headlights just be plug and play?

currently i dont have the adaptive function, i have also purchased a stalk with the HBA button and also the Icon Adaptive lights.

my current lights are the standard halogen style ones as per the image in the link here:https://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/u...-5-Series.jpeg

I want to have the full HBA Functionality
in that case, they they need to be coded and initialized.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 03:48 PM   #93
gunnermanms
Rep

Quote:
in that case, they they need to be coded and initialized.
Can you send me a PM please so that we can discuss to engage your services? at cost of course!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 01:15 AM   #94
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Can you send me a PM please so that we can discuss to engage your services? at cost of course!
gunnermanms has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 07:45 AM   #95
gunnermanms
Rep

Quote:
gunnermanms has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Sent you a PM!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 06:17 AM   #96
DevineVine
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 e46

If you understand what LED light is, watch the video on YouTube; there are detailed reviews of this car, and I think this topic will be touched there. I can't explain it to you myself because I never even knew that my car had an Icon Adaptive Full LED light. I thought it was just an LED light. By the way, I may soon be changing the taillights on my BMW, and I'm thinking of buying color changing light bulb on one site. If someone knows more good options where you can buy LED lights, then I will be glad to listen to you. I hope my post will help you a little.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 07:49 AM   #97
SundaySnores
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Can someone explain to me what Icon Adaptive Full LED lights is? I read that the G30 comes with LED lights standard, but you get the Icon Adaptive Full LED lights with the premium package in the 540i so what is different?
https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/03/15/g...ies-explained/
      01-15-2023, 11:22 AM   #98
Pogne
France
Rep
Drives: G31 530d xDrive Luxury

I also have the same project to install the icon adaptive led headlights (552) instead of the regular old looking ones (5a2).
Almaretto I tried to PM you because I require your coding services, but to no avail.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 02:46 AM   #99
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogne View Post
I also have the same project to install the icon adaptive led headlights (552) instead of the regular old looking ones (5a2).
Almaretto I tried to PM you because I require your coding services, but to no avail.
Hey. Was away from the forums for a bit during the holidays and inbox got filled. Should be clear now.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 04:36 AM   #100
Pogne
France
Rep

My experience installing/coding/initializing Icon Headlights

Hi,

I've finally got some time to install the headlights and code them but it's not fully working yet, as I'm having issues with turn signals.

Here is how it went:
I was not able to find "5a2" in the VO and I didn't understand why, as these are the lights I had. I've then added option "552" without adding "5ac" as I haven't retrofitted the appropriate SZL/stalk with A button yet.
During coding with E-Sys I've encountered the dreaded error message "File for cafd_FFFFFFFF_255_255_255 not found!" while coding both FLMs.
I was able to do the "Detect CAF for SWE" method but I was unable to select the same CAFD date as the one in Expert Mode->VCM->i-steps:S15A-22-07-530, thefore I chose the most recent CAFD that was available in the list (a bit older than my i-steps).
I was then able to code both FLMs.

Then I fired up ISTA+ and started clearing all the errors but quickly got the "The programming system cound not be initialised. The ISTA installation may be damaged or incorrectly configured. Reinstall ISTA [...]" but after several tries I was able to clear most errors.
I've read that this error is caused when the light PSdZ is used and not the full one.
I'm still having issues with the front turn signals that do work well when I push the center console Warning/Hazard button but blink really fast when I move the stalk to blink left or right.

The following errors appear in ISTA (see screenshot attached)

My questions :
1) Why wasn't my previous light in the VO (5a2)?
2) Should I had coded BDC too? (BDC_BODY2 or BDC_GW2?)
3) Do I really need to have the full PSdZ data to initialize the lights?
4) How do I specifically "teach-in" the new headlights? I tried to follow ISTA suggestions to clear the turn signals errors but to no avail.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 04:13 PM   #101
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

I've finally got some time to install the headlights and code them but it's not fully working yet, as I'm having issues with turn signals.

Here is how it went:
I was not able to find "5a2" in the VO and I didn't understand why, as these are the lights I had. I've then added option "552" without adding "5ac" as I haven't retrofitted the appropriate SZL/stalk with A button yet.
During coding with E-Sys I've encountered the dreaded error message "File for cafd_FFFFFFFF_255_255_255 not found!" while coding both FLMs.
I was able to do the "Detect CAF for SWE" method but I was unable to select the same CAFD date as the one in Expert Mode->VCM->i-steps:S15A-22-07-530, thefore I chose the most recent CAFD that was available in the list (a bit older than my i-steps).

Then I fired up ISTA+ and started clearing all the errors but quickly got the "The programming system cound not be initialised. The ISTA installation may be damaged or incorrectly configured. Reinstall ISTA [...]" but after several tries I was able to clear most errors.
I've read that this error is caused when the light PSdZ is used and not the full one.
I'm still having issues with the front turn signals that do work well when I push the center console Warning/Hazard button but blink really fast when I move the stalk to blink left or right.

My questions :
4) How do I specifically "teach-in" the new headlights? I tried to follow ISTA suggestions to clear the turn signals errors but to no avail.
Sometimes options are implied and you do not have to replace.

Yes, code BDC and FLM.

If procedure does not show up automatically when scanning car, then you can pull up Body menu.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 06:12 AM   #102
Pogne
France
Rep

OK, Thanks.
This morning I tried to code BDC_BODY2 but I've encountered an error where 2 CAFDs files couldn't be found (see screenshot bellow), while 2 CAFDs deployed OK.

Trying to Detect CAF for SWE on BDC_BODY2 I've got the "Failed to get CAFs for SWE "swfl_00005fa8-109-065-010" KIS error : Die technische Einheit 00005FA8 konnte in der KIS-Wissensbasis nicht gefunden werden", so I think it means I have to have a newer PSDZDATA. Currently I have 4.25.40, I will try later today with 4.39.25.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 01:43 PM   #103
Pogne
France
Rep

With a newer PSDZDATA I was able to code both FLMs and BDC_BODY2 without error. After clearing the errors with ISTA I was able to use the signals without issues.
This retrofit is now completed.
Next step will be to get the stalk with A button and code 5ac.
Thanks to the community!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 01:37 AM   #104
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
With a newer PSDZDATA I was able to code both FLMs and BDC_BODY2 without error. After clearing the errors with ISTA I was able to use the signals without issues.
This retrofit is now completed.
Next step will be to get the stalk with A button and code 5ac.
Thanks to the community!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 01:13 AM   #105
Milleke218
Registered
Rep

Coding

Hi Al. I would like some help coding my icon headlights. When I tried, they were flashing all crazy and the only thing that works correctly is the cornering light. I do not think I can receive private messages on here but I need some serious help. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 03:16 PM   #106
kerpicha
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340Xi

Almaretto could you please help me with some questions on adaptive LED's for LCI F30? I tried sending you a PM but it says that your inbox is full and for some reason I can't receive PM's even though I have them enabled...

I have a 2016 340i, Canadian spec, imported to Europe with standard LEDs, non-adaptive. The car has HBA. I currently have ECE headlights, had to replace the US spec ones to be able to register it here.
Would coding be the only thing needed for anti-dazzle (tunneling lights) to work if I replace my LED headlights to Adaptive LEDs? And would the modules be the same for both?
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 09:37 AM   #107
Fabio.P
Registered
Rep

Almaretto,
I have a g30 520d xdrive with kafas and with full led headlights.
I would like to retrofit it with ICON AHL LIGHTS.
Do you think is it possibile to code that lights on my car? what I need to check?
Could you intervene remotely?
I tryed to PM You but exceded PM quota...
Thank you
Fabio
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 10:32 PM   #108
Toad535
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535 MSport

Quote:
I'm interested in coding for both a 2023 G05 and 2023 G20, specifically anti dazzle headlights, but interested in any other common features you recommend. How much would it run to do both cars in one session?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 01:26 PM   #109
jeep
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i,18 M4,19 530e,08 e70

Hi,

I coded my Icon Adaptive LEDs for Variable Light Distribution on my G30 530e but don't think the full capability is working as designed. Can you point me to the values you coded, apparently some of the values for example LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y is country specific and people are using UK or some random country values, also the variable names differ by model. I followed this thread which is for F10:
https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715500

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 01:56 PM   #110
andisusilo
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: G30 530i

Garage List
2019 G30  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi,

Here is how it went:

My questions :
I also just changed the headlights from Xenon-Adaptive to Icon-Led-Adaptive, my car doesn't have a Kafas/Camera/FLA.
And I looked at the VO there is no 5A2 and 8S4, there is only 524 to handle the headlights.

I have initialized Icon-Led-Adaptive headlights using Protool to my car, but when the the light lever position in Auto the beam range is very low when the car is running (around 4-5 meters from the car), but when parked it can get a range of 15 meters from the car.
I have tried adjusting the vertical aim using a screwdriver on the top headlights, but it only goes up or down when the car is parked, when the car is running the position of the light beam come back again to a very short light.

If the light lever position in Manual the light range more bit far that using Auto.

My question is how to code so that the light range can be far when using Icon-Led-Adaptive but the car doesn't have a Kafas/Camera/FLA?

I attach the photo about range light.
Name:  lower.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  69.1 KB

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0