BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads My 2018 530e Alpine White

01-13-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

My 2018 530e Alpine White

Hello everyone!

A long-time lurker and occasional poster. My previous car was a F10 which I enjoyed very much. I got my 2018 530e about a month back and have been patiently waiting for the final pieces to arrive. Fellow forum member F32PROJRK made me fall in love with this car. Mine will have similarities because everything he has done, I just drool with envy.

Oh, I really appreciate this forum and members because this place really has helped me along the way. I have learned so much and saved a few bucks too!

My vehicle build:
2018 530e xDrive
Alpine White, Black Interior with BMW Blue stitching.
Cold Weather Package
Driving Assistance Package
Driving Assistance Plus
M Sport Package
Parking Assistance Package
Premium Package
Soft Close Automatic Doors
HK Speakers
Rear Sunshade
Apple CarPlay
Gesture Control
MSRP: 68k

My last BMW F10 I went with David Aviles from Steve Thomas BMW. I am in South Florida and he is in California. The previous transaction was amazing because I really prefer emails/txt and a final phone call to complete the transaction. He did an amazing job last time. This time however I did try to get some quotes from other popular internet sellers. I wasn't in a rush to purchase a vehicle and gave 2 weeks to get some general quotes to the SAs involved.

In the end, NO ONE and I mean NO ONE could beat David Aviles at Steve Thomas BMW. He got me an amazing deal and I will use him again in the future. It is simple txt/email messages and a final phone call again. I recommend everyone to give him a chance. Be patient and you will get a car for the best price period!!!

As for the car. Well..I bought the car only from pictures off the net. When I first tried to drive it, I thought I did something wrong because I press the start button and the car made no noise. I only realize the car was ready to be driven and was on battery. So cool.

Like my last car, I got a lot of options and I am glad I did this time as well. Driving Assistance & Driving Assistance Plus is amazing! I haven't tried Parking Assistance yet (Auto Park) but I will. Oh CarPlay doesn't work that great. I just go straight to Bluetooth to my Spotify. Actually CarPlay kind of sucks.

I tried to purchase coil-overs from BC Racing. I know this isn't as popular as KW but I just couldn't justify the price. In addition, I am boring, I don't speed or race or drive too aggressive. I just wanted correct lowered suspension. I had BC Racing in the F10 and it worked flawlessly. My car is an xDrive and currently no coil-overs are available from BC Racing. I did get a tease from their support stating it was available but not listed on their website! I paid immediately but was told after it was an error. I hope they make a set soon but for now I went to H&R Sport springs.

I had my roof wrapped in black vinyl from a local shop. They did an amazing job. I put carbon mirrors and fin.

As for the wheels, I contacted the usual forum sponsors, BimmerPost members and even talked to local dealers. I want to thank everyone, however in the end I went with one forum sponsor AR Motorwerks!

Ron from AR Motorwerks was a pleasure to talk to and very patient in answering all my questions and offered his opinion which help my indecisiveness. I purchased a complete tire/wheel/tpms package and H&R Springs. I would tell everyone to give AR Motorwerks an opportunity to earn your business. He was great and extremely fair with me. I wish I had more money so I can get another set of wheels for variety! HA!

My wheels are Avant Garde M580 in 22" with 255/30/22 & 295/25/22. I didn't have painted wheels last but this time I wanted to be a little more unique. It is a strong color and a bit flashy but I love it. Initially, I wanted to get a bronze or red color but the final decision was the 'Brushed Copper'. It was worth the 4 weeks wait. Why such an aggressive fitment? I had 21" AGs in my F10 and buying tires was pain as only a few companies offered the size I want in 21". This time I just went with 22" for better selection on tires/price as I go through a set once a year. I did get 4 flat tires ( in 3 years) because of a living in a new built community. Stupid screws.

I put Cquartz ceramic coat on my car and my wheels. I did 2 coats on the car after I took delivery. I literally did the wheels 2 days ago. From what I have experienced, I look forward to easy cleaning with the rims. I also installed a 2 channel Dash Cam from BlackVue (DR490). I tapped into the fuse box in the trunk. Super easy, local shop wanted $80 just to tap to the fuse box. Insane.

Pictures below! I included a pic of my old F10. Hope you all like it!

Appreciate 1
      01-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
AR_Motorwerkz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4, BMW WIDEBODY F13

SO CLEAN!!

the drop and wheels look perfect

THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS!

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 08:42 AM   #3
.BMW.
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11/F31

Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 06:02 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Looking good!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 12:40 AM   #5
3thirty5
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Sick wheels!!!
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2018, 12:26 AM   #6
m3rxn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: boosted Inline 6's

nice ride, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 09:55 AM   #7
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Surprised that 22" looked that good, as I always thought they looked too big on the f10.
Great looking g30.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #8
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you everyone. A couple of more pictures. Oh I want to add, I get about 41 mpg overall. From my previous F10 to this. I save about $40-50 a month in gas. I love it!

Last edited by BananaCar; 01-22-2018 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #9
c21sam
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530e Xdrive

Looks Awesome. Hey can I ask how did you change the side air vent covers?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #10
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21sam View Post
Looks Awesome. Hey can I ask how did you change the side air vent covers?
Change? They came in black. I am sure you can pop them off, when I washed the vent with my mitt, I popped one end off quite easily. You can just wrap them with vinyl if you want.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 06:04 AM   #11
is_niice
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Everything

Looks lovely man.

Thankfully now there are numerous coilover setups available if you choose to go that route.

BC, Megan and KW I believe now have production kits.

I'm also just as surprised how well 22's look on the car.

How does the car ride with 22's and H&R's, I think i'd want coils with that low of a tire profile so I could put it at the softest setting. I'd imagine it's not too forgiving?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #12
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by is_niice View Post
Looks lovely man.

Thankfully now there are numerous coilover setups available if you choose to go that route.

BC, Megan and KW I believe now have production kits.

I'm also just as surprised how well 22's look on the car.

How does the car ride with 22's and H&R's, I think i'd want coils with that low of a tire profile so I could put it at the softest setting. I'd imagine it's not too forgiving?
I have xDrive and currently no coilovers available. So I have to wait I live in South Florida, the roads are smooth generally and the ride is no different for any lowered setup. Obviously some care driving and going in and out of slopes. For me it's worth it for the look I want.
Appreciate 0