BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 530e B48 Stage 1 91 Octane in PNW

01-23-2023, 03:31 PM   #1
Alpine530e
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

530e B48 Stage 1 91 Octane in PNW

Hey everyone,

I just tuned with MG Flasher to stage 1 91 on my 530e. I just installed new plugs, ftp charge pipe and intake pipe with high flow filter. Motor is B46B20B. Current mileage is 27k with mostly electric miles. Ran some datalogs and found my fuel is crap here... I filled with 92 E10 and have timing corrections to -6. I'll make sure to try a different station the next time I fill up but want to know what everyone else does around here? 91 non ethanol is available but e blends seem to be better from what I am reading. E85 is about 3 hrs away from me and I do travel that way from time to time. I am thinking of storing about 10 gallons of e85 to blend with 91 non-e to get 93 and still have my ethenol content around e11-e15. The 530e has a really small tank so 10 gallons of e should net me about 6-7 fill ups.

I don't wanna run torco or boostane so that is out...

I requested a 91ACN map through support because for some reason it's not listed within the mg app for my gen 1 b48. Anyone else have this issue with their hybrid?

Anyway hoping someone else has some input on this.

Thanks
Appreciate 0