BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications [HELP] Bootmod3 Exhaust Flap Sport

01-19-2023, 09:09 PM   #1
yxn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 540i

Unhappy [HELP] Bootmod3 Exhaust Flap Sport

Hello,

First post here

I recently purchased a Armytrix cat-back exhaust system which has a controllable exhaust flap to switch between quiet and loud mode. The system advertises a remote and dongle which lets you control the flap, but unfortunately, it seems that Armytrix has discontinued this feature and the flap is instead controlled by the car DME.

I would like to have the flap default to closed on sport/sport+ mode, and I see a feature in bootmod3 to allow this under 'Exhaust Flap (Sport)'. But it seems that even when set to 'closed', the flap still varies with RPM/speed/etc, same as it does without the setting active. This creates a very jarring effect since there is such a large difference in sound between open and closed.

Using BimmerLink's exhaust flap setting I can still manually set the flap to open or closed, but I am tired of having to open the app every time I drive.

Does anyone know if the bootmod3 setting is working as intended? I contacted BM3 support but they said that 'Basically it will stay closed until you hit 100% pedal', even with the setting set to 'Closed'. However the flap is definitely opening before 100% throttle.

Any ideas or tips on how I can get the intended effect of keeping the flaps closed until I manually open them through Bimmerlink?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0