BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions G30 CarPlay full screen (without my name taking up the right hand corner)

01-30-2019, 11:48 AM   #89
jojosqsq
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d Sport Line

Apple carplay full screen by usb active ( Not need cable )

For "O" "N" version

For "P" need cable.

found at https://bimmer-unlock.com/collection...sb-full-screen
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2019, 12:59 PM   #90
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosqsq View Post

For "O" "N" version

For "P" need cable.

this is the 4th company that i know of now. its great that the service is spreading by the prices don't seem to go down much.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 01:22 PM   #91
julioccuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6 40i Skyscraper Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosqsq View Post

For "O" "N" version

For "P" need cable.

this is the 4th company that i know of now. its great that the service is spreading by the prices don't seem to go down much.
Will wait a little longer and see if I decide to go for it with one of the suggested options. Thanks a lot for all the attention to this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 01:24 PM   #92
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Is it possible just to get widescreen if you already have an Apple CarPlay subscription? I hate that BMW moved to a subscription model for all 2018's and later. Looks like these prices include installing Apple CarPlay for vehicles that don't already have it. What about for those of us that already have it and just want the wider screen? It certainly isn't worth $200 to me for that. Maybe I can convince BMW service to update my firmware upon next service.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 03:47 PM   #93
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Is it possible just to get widescreen if you already have an Apple CarPlay subscription? I hate that BMW moved to a subscription model for all 2018's and later. Looks like these prices include installing Apple CarPlay for vehicles that don't already have it. What about for those of us that already have it and just want the wider screen? It certainly isn't worth $200 to me for that. Maybe I can convince BMW service to update my firmware upon next service.
I already had a subscription to CarPlay but it was the native 2/3 screen. Then I purchased the widescreen CarPlay. I applied the widescreen to an existing enabled carplay.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2019, 03:58 PM   #94
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I already had a subscription to CarPlay but it was the native 2/3 screen. Then I purchased the widescreen CarPlay. I applied the widescreen to an existing enabled carplay.
Thank you for the response. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the same boat as you.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 06:11 PM   #95
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you for the response. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the same boat as you.
$199 from bimmertech
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2019, 06:24 PM   #96
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$190 from bimmertech
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 09:19 PM   #97
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
BMW patched ability to use bin files so market supply declined. In time, saturation will drop prices. I have seen as low as $50.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2019, 09:25 PM   #98
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
BMW patched ability to use bin files so market supply declined. In time, saturation will drop prices. I have seen as low as $50.
I know with nbtevo_n and o, you can patch with a bin file via usb. For P, it has to be done remotely.

Where can I get this for $50 🤣
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2019, 02:42 AM   #99
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
I know with nbtevo_n and o, you can patch with a bin file via usb. For P, it has to be done remotely.

Where can I get this for $50 🤣
Brought mine off eBay, paid £40 (GBP).

Word of warning, once I applied the carplay unlock, I could no longer code the NBT_EVO ECU via the Bimmercode app. Developer said it was because the signature data had been altered. The solution is to default the ECU (via esys), do your coding, then reapply the usb carplay unlock.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 08:11 AM   #100
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
For all you guys who have done coding, what happens when dealer refresh software during maintenance, just apply it again and all good to go?
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2019, 08:57 AM   #101
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
For all you guys who have done coding, what happens when dealer refresh software during maintenance, just apply it again and all good to go?
I have only changed basic parameters that are already on the vehicle. When you start adding code that wasn't part of the factory configuration, it might change the vehicle order code which could potentially present issues if a software update was required from the dealer. It's also an issue of warranty. Be careful when "adding" features that not come from the factory. If the vehicle order code doesn't match BMW's servers, it could be a warranty issue - rare that this would happen though.

Changing basic parameters for features that are already there is not an issue; however, you may have to re-code them after an update.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      01-31-2019, 12:59 PM   #102
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post

Word of warning, once I applied the carplay unlock, I could no longer code the NBT_EVO ECU via the Bimmercode app. Developer said it was because the signature data had been altered. The solution is to default the ECU (via esys), do your coding, then reapply the usb carplay unlock.
is this carplay unlock or unclock + widescreen?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 12:59 PM   #103
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
i've been to the dealer a few times. only time i lost any coding was when they updated my nbtevo firmware.
Appreciate 2
      01-31-2019, 02:54 PM   #104
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post

is this carplay unlock or unclock + widescreen?
Just unlock Carplay.
Appreciate 1