BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Sandstorm - Delivery Cancelled

05-09-2018, 02:17 PM   #23
Johnnie_Boy
Rep
Drives: G30

Same story

Ordered in November , expected delivery March . Same as original poster , lease company utterly useless in providing real status of car , only found out by contacting bmw directly car was scrapped . Threatened to take cash instead of car and now somehow car will be here in 4 weeks , will let you know.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #24
chriss88
Rep
Drives: G30 530e SE

Ok, still no confirmed news for me. Except that I've been onto the Genius just now who have said estimated delivery to the dealer of 23rd May and hinted that my car may have been delayed due to environmental factors.

When asked on who I can register a complaint to they advised customer.service@bmw.co.uk
A few of you have mentioned that you had reached out to BMW to complain, do you mind sharing how you did it please and the success you had?

I suspect I may have limited success as I am not considered the customer due to mine being leased through my employer. This whole debacle has been extremely frustrating and vague. Not what I would have expected from BMW, especially as the leasing company even called me to arrange the handover then pulled it. Guessing they were in the dark till the last minute as much as me.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 01:50 AM   #25
Raging_Vampire
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport

I complained to the MD of BMW UK, which was auto-forwarded to the customer complaints department. They had no information or compensation available and I was told to wait.

On a separate (but related) subject, has anyone whose car has been released, been offered compensation by BMW? If so, what form did that take?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 04:08 AM   #26
midas_27
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging_Vampire View Post
I complained to the MD of BMW UK, which was auto-forwarded to the customer complaints department. They had no information or compensation available and I was told to wait.

On a separate (but related) subject, has anyone whose car has been released, been offered compensation by BMW? If so, what form did that take?

Hi, I also complained to the MD who forwarded my complaint onto customer service. They advised me that I should speak to the dealer. I contacted the dealer and they said they will liaise with BMW UK to see what can be done. I have also been advised that my vehicle should be arriving on 23rd May from the port into the UK, so hopefully will have delivery soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 03:03 AM   #27
abu el banat
Rep
Drives: A6

Hi. My complaint resulted in the offer of a foc hire car until such time that my reordered car is delivered. It was delivered last week to me.

It's a G31, which is nice in terms of being able to sample the increased size of boot available. Downside is that it's petrol when I drive a diesel so I was cagey about keeping it for the duration (2 months or so I imagine) - I'll decide once I better understand mpg etc. It's likely not worth the hassle changing it and to be honest the main reason for accepting it was as previously stated - I figure the longer I've got a hire car the more likely I am to get my new car delivered, at least once it hits the UK.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #28
Deano_uk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 5 Series Touring

So my car will be delivered to me this Friday so clearly things are making there way through the system.

Lets see if looks like its been sand blasted or not.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #29
chriss88
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu el banat View Post
Hi. My complaint resulted in the offer of a foc hire car until such time that my reordered car is delivered. It was delivered last week to me.

It's a G31, which is nice in terms of being able to sample the increased size of boot available. Downside is that it's petrol when I drive a diesel so I was cagey about keeping it for the duration (2 months or so I imagine) - I'll decide once I better understand mpg etc. It's likely not worth the hassle changing it and to be honest the main reason for accepting it was as previously stated - I figure the longer I've got a hire car the more likely I am to get my new car delivered, at least once it hits the UK.
That was my thoughts too, if they're paying out to hire a car they won't want to do that for too long!

Mine has movement, expected to the dealer tomorrow (23rd) scheduled delivery next Wednesday (30th). Don't want to jinx it, was just getting used to not having car payments for the foreseeable
Still no confirmation on why though Fine tooth-comb inspection will be happening on the big day
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #30
abu el banat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss88 View Post
That was my thoughts too, if they're paying out to hire a car they won't want to do that for too long!

Mine has movement, expected to the dealer tomorrow (23rd) scheduled delivery next Wednesday (30th). Don't want to jinx it, was just getting used to not having car payments for the foreseeable
Still no confirmation on why though Fine tooth-comb inspection will be happening on the big day
Movement for me too. Email offering delivery 5th June received today... getting used to this big boot in the G31 though....
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 09:32 AM   #31
chriss88
Rep

Quote:
Movement for me too. Email offering delivery 5th June received today... getting used to this big boot in the G31 though....
Great news
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 04:36 AM   #32
Deano_uk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 5 Series Touring

Just to update on my situation I received my car on Friday and it was in absolutely perfect condition with no evidence of anything happening....No pile of sand under the car after being stood over night
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 04:43 AM   #33
Johnnie_Boy
Rep

so here is the thing for all you company car drivers waiting on the cancelled orders.

Im starting to think this was more related to emissions, Im sure like those waiting the 520d was 108g/km and now it is 119g/km. So is it a sandstorm coming clean on emissions. for me its another £300+ a year
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 06:02 AM   #34
chriss88
Rep

My car arrived on Tuesday (a day earlier than planned, not that I minded )) Perfect is all I can say, over the moon and back.

Checked on the dvla tax website and mine is listed as 46g/km, no change there for the 530e.

Still never got to find out what was the cause, delivery driver did mention the sandstorm and said it couldn't be delivered "new" if there was any major damage. I'm happy with that.
Good luck the rest of you still waiting, it will be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 06:28 PM   #35
abu el banat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie_Boy View Post
so here is the thing for all you company car drivers waiting on the cancelled orders.

Im starting to think this was more related to emissions, Im sure like those waiting the 520d was 108g/km and now it is 119g/km. So is it a sandstorm coming clean on emissions. for me its another £300+ a year
Can you link me to anything relating to this? Is the delay from April delivery to June delivery going to cost an increase in tax?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 02:37 AM   #36
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:

That's what you call a conspiracy theory
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #37
Johnnie_Boy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
That's what you call a conspiracy theory
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 11:13 AM   #38
Johnnie_Boy
Rep

Quote:
Can you link me to anything relating to this? Is the delay from April delivery to June delivery going to cost an increase in tax?
Abu, depends when you ordered it, mine was ordered in December and I believe the co2 levels were changed in March
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #39
Canuck99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 M550i, '15 Jaguar F-Type R

Quote:

LOL, really? so the news article about sand debris blowing from a construction sight to the car storage area was fake news and the picture was photoshopped?
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      06-07-2018, 11:12 AM   #40
bucket_and_spade
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d

Mine is now due Monday 11th June. I'm also a company car driver going from a 420d to a 330e. I asked about compensation and was told if I could quantify it they'd consider it so I gave them calculations of the additional BIK company car tax I've been paying plus the estimated additional fuel costs due to the delays and they've agreed to reimburse me for those costs ! Barons Farnborough have been very good at keeping me informed. Leasing company hasn't been in touch at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 05:51 AM   #41
abu el banat
Rep

Mines arrived yesterday.

All good so far, although I've only driven home in it. What does strike me as odd (and was a disappointing surprise to me) is that I've ordered a £44k car, it parks itself and has a screen on the key - yet the rear seats don't fold down!!! I had no idea!

Cycled into work yesterday, car arrives mid morning and when I went to leave started looking for the buttons to flip the seats down - already had the front wheel off the bike to slide in.... I still can't believe I've overlooked this - I presume it was an optional extra?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #42
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Yes folding seats are an optional extra....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #43
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Mines arrived yesterday.

All good so far, although I've only driven home in it. What does strike me as odd (and was a disappointing surprise to me) is that I've ordered a £44k car, it parks itself and has a screen on the key - yet the rear seats don't fold down!!! I had no idea!

Cycled into work yesterday, car arrives mid morning and when I went to leave started looking for the buttons to flip the seats down - already had the front wheel off the bike to slide in.... I still can't believe I've overlooked this - I presume it was an optional extra?
Ouch. Sorry bro yeah. You gotta watch out for those optional extras that are basic features of any other car!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 05:54 PM   #44
abu el banat
Rep

Bumping a thread from 2 years ago !

2 years and 37000+ miles later - after the sandstorm debacle the newly fresh ordered car arrived fairly quickly.....

Observations.....

Feels lighter on the road than the A6.

Don't think I'll ever deliberately go back to a manual - auto gears are simply so much easier and smoother (although I feel my kids should experience learning in a manual)

37000miles and the adblue light only recently came on. Haven't topped up yet.

Phone integration really sucks. When on a call and muted it takes 3 moves to unmute via the centre console and can't be done via the steering wheel. Design at its absolute worst.

Next car has to be a hybrid or electric - the BIK is a killer.

Still can't get over the fact that folding rear seats was an optional extra that I missed. Unbelievable

Otherwise a loverly car to drive.....
Appreciate 0