BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding RSE screen replacement

06-18-2023, 09:31 AM   #1
Markspark1234
Registered
Rep
Drives: 630d GT

RSE screen replacement

Hi there. I hope someone can help me. I have a cracked screen on one of my RSE displays. The part code is 6815911. Which is a non touch screen model. I wish to replace with the touch fomo version of the same product. The product code for this unit is 8707915.
I am aware this unit is not the original part but it has the same purple and black plugs and same mounting brackets as the original part.
When I try to connect it I just get "No signal" on the screen. The on and off button seems to switch on the main screen in the front but can't get rid of the no signal message. Is there anyone who can help. I am not sure if I need to or can change any settings via bimmercode etc. The fact the two plugs are the same as the original and the screen has power is obviously a good thing but am unsure as to why the RSE unit does not send the signal out to the display.
Any help would be great.

Many thanks Mark
Appreciate 0