M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

05-28-2015, 10:53 PM   #23
znammzM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 SG M6

To be honest, I have not bring it over 100 MPH yet. Like I said, I'm so use to the C2S balance power and linear power delivery. Z06 no the other hand, the power surge very fast so I'm kind of scare to push it until I understand the limit of the car. Also, it is still within break-in period. Rev is limited at 4K RPM until my 500 miles oil change services. But from my initial experience, this car seem to pull noticeably harder than my M6 with BMS tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Hey champ,

Does it pull stronger than the M5/M6 on a roll from 70-14X? No games. Straight answer.

v/r
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 10:55 PM   #24
znammzM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
We need a vid but with an A8 Z06 not the manual
I have alway been a DCT/PDK guy but after driving this Z06 in manual, I should gotten the manual for my M6 and C2S, much more fun to drive, rev match help you drive it like a pro.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 02:01 PM   #25
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

The vented seats are excellent and I find myself turning the fan speed down so as not to get too cool. I have the Competition Seats with the suede inserts, not the full leather seat btw.

I don't roll race so can't give you any kind of definitive answer BUT: this car, (mines an A8), pulls like hell. I was stuck behind a slow poke in the fast lane the other day who was doing about 60 mph in a 70 mph zone. I pulled over and floored the accelerator which was one of my first times doing so due to break-in requirements, having the MPSC2s warmed up, etc. and holy Christ I about peed my pants! The transmission dropped down multiple gears incredibly quickly, the S/C Clutch engaged much faster than I can remember the M5's turbos spooling up at Interstate speed and the car just took off! I was at 110 mph with the exhaust just booming away before I got my damn foot off the gas and slowed down before I went to jail. It was an impressive display of (almost) instantaneous torque and a very rapid car. This type of acceleration is difficult for the M7 version to manage until after 5th gear in the A8 when the ratios favor the manual more than the Auto.

I am off to a road course with the car at the end of June and will have some PDR video from that event that I can share with you all if you'd like.

Bish
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 03:09 PM   #26
znammzM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Don't know about you, but I feels like I shift just as fast in manual versus the pdk
Appreciate 0