proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

06-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
czarmar
Private
Rep
Drives: 1999 323i

F80 M3 at Patrick BMW in Schaumberg, IL

Just drove the most gorgeous car with Keith at Patrick BMW. Here's my quick take aways.
1.) The standard 18"s aren't as bad as they look in the configurator. I was pleasantly surprised with how they looked in person. I took the surface rust off the huge standard brakes for the buyer...

2.) The exhaust is downright LOUD just idling on startup. Definitely a lot of great presence.
3.) Throttle response seems superb even for an NA motor. No issues with lag for me. A quick stab at the gas and the thing revs real quick.
4.) The full leather didn't do enough for me to drop the extra money. I think extended is perfect and fits the character of the car fine.
5.) I don't consider the color selection for the F80 great, but BSM is back in the mix. I decided it was black enough for me, even though I'd prefer straight black. I have a love/hate relationship with YMB, er, actually I can't say I ever love it. It's just that sometimes I am tolerant of it enough to consider it.
6.) The 2nd DCT equipped car I've driven after the F10. It's cool, I think I'll take mine with 3 pedals still and spend the $2900 elsewhere.

Finally I got to drive it, and I was blown away by the power and sound. Instant torque. I was already sold on getting an F80, and the test drive even further convinced me that I need to make this my next car.

For those of you possibly interested in picking up this car, I took it easy on it. It had 33 miles when I got my turn with it.
Specs:
BSM with full black leather
Moonroof
DCT
Adaptive M Susp.
Exec/Driver's Assist/Lighting
HK Audio
Power rear shade
MSRP of $79,350, I got the feeling that they'd do a deal around MSRP.

1999 323i with 292K miles
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

looks good
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
purdyawesome
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3, 2014 F15 X5

I was told they weren't eager to sell it- but everything has a price...
Appreciate 0