E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > BMW Car Clubs of Australia

07-02-2014, 01:26 AM   #1
Testercles
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335iA

BMW Car Clubs of Australia

After 7 years of meaning to join one, I finally received my BMW Car Club of South Australia membership pack in the mail last week.

I was wondering how many of us online are members of such clubs? It could certainly make meets and track time a lot easier I figured, though I guess there's not a huge amount of interstate cooperation.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 01:48 AM   #2
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

I am currently a member of the ACT club and have been for a little while. Events are varied from social gatherings, technical nights, day drives, weekend trips, driver training and track days. The last two are usually great - the track days are in conjunction with the NSW club which works out really well for us because we are a small club. We also meet up with the NSW club a couple of times per year at a location halfway between Sydney and Canberra.

Most clubs have an annual show 'n shine event, ACT club included. Some are more serious and call theirs a concours d'elegance. The only contact with members from all state clubs is the Clubs Australia Nationals held over Easter every two years. The next one is in Sydney in 2015 which will include a track day at Sydney Motorsport Park GP circuit.
      07-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
Testercles
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335iA

We have a club meeting on Friday the 11th at around 7 for anyone interested in attending and a car cruise on Saturday the 12th, which I unfortunately won't be able to attend as I'll be competing in the Australian National YoYo Contest (seriously).
Appreciate 0