E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > DTEC V7 review - 335i convertible pre-lci

07-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
gp7000
Rep
Drives: 335i convertible

DTEC V7 review - 335i convertible pre-lci

After driving my car for several years with the yellow angel eye. I finally decided to change the angel eye to white. I shop around and found the DTEC H8 V7 LED Angel Eyes from E92-lighting.com with a very resonable price compared to what the market is offer out there. The sells was smooth and they answer all of my questions. The package was nice, high quality and the installation was not difficult. I have drove my car for couple months after installed the angel eyes and I don't have any warning lights, flicking or delay on these angel eye. Overall, very good plug and play solution for changing the angel eyes. Anyway, pic worth thousands word. Please see attachment.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
bigshotx1
Member/ E92 Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335ix

Looks like E92Lighting supplies their own boxes and does not want to anyone to know where they get them for.... Let alone, for how much...

Does look better though +1
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
LovinMyE93
United_States
Rep
Drives: sold

Garage List
Hey OP - Wondering how they've held up for the four months since you installed... Also curious if you had any challenges swapping these bulbs with the stock, and what you did with the starter/transformer for each? Are they secured somewhere behind the light casings? Hanging free? Any installation tips or issues you experienced?
Thanks for this post too, they look great and look like the color temp I want on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp7000 View Post
After driving my car for several years with the yellow angel eye. I finally decided to change the angel eye to white. I shop around and found the DTEC H8 V7 LED Angel Eyes from E92-lighting.com with a very resonable price compared to what the market is offer out there. The sells was smooth and they answer all of my questions. The package was nice, high quality and the installation was not difficult. I have drove my car for couple months after installed the angel eyes and I don't have any warning lights, flicking or delay on these angel eye. Overall, very good plug and play solution for changing the angel eyes. Anyway, pic worth thousands word. Please see attachment.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 02:34 AM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Obviously you have an E90 - because the install of these lights in an E92, thru that small access door is a major PITA

Even worse then Lux due to the large offset heatsink.

I have had these in my car for over a year now with no problems - replaced Lux H8 V3's that were on their way out...

The small control box fits inside the headlight cavity with no problems - at least on E92
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0