BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

12-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S

which are the best exhaust, air filter options for the M3??

I wanted to know since its the first time I'm planning on spending some cash on mine, which exhaust is better for the price, borla, remus, supersprint, Mgruppe,etc. What about the ait filter, AFE, K&N, Mgruppe, etc. I want you guys who already bought this products before to help me out deciding what is best for my car, I want increase performance and for a reasonable price, the best under 2K and above 2K, and if helps to change x pipe, resonator, I have no idea will it make a difference? I just saw the supersprint headers for the new M6, they where 7k, thats too much, but the rest was affordable. I know its a lot of questions, thanks anyway. Or maybe a chip tuning?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I think most of the brands you mentioned have yet to release their e92 M3 products.

This is probably a topic that we should come back to in 6+ months. After the car is released in the US, and allowing the R&D for the brands above to produce quality products for the this new car.

Also, the life of your enjoyment of the car will most likely be substantially increased by holding off on modding until you've spent a good amount of time in the car with a stock setup.

I understand building something unique has it's own perks... but can you really argue that owning a M3 so early in it's production cycle is 'not' a unique experience? Regardless, at this point in time this is probably more of a topic for e46 M3, and e92/e90 forums.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

exhausts and air filters are coming out already, I was hoping someone could help me, I know that headers and chip are better after a while
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoOrtega View Post
I wanted to know since its the first time I'm planning on spending some cash on mine, which exhaust is better for the price, borla, remus, supersprint, Mgruppe,etc. What about the ait filter, AFE, K&N, Mgruppe, etc. I want you guys who already bought this products before to help me out deciding what is best for my car, I want increase performance and for a reasonable price, the best under 2K and above 2K, and if helps to change x pipe, resonator, I have no idea will it make a difference? I just saw the supersprint headers for the new M6, they where 7k, thats too much, but the rest was affordable. I know its a lot of questions, thanks anyway. Or maybe a chip tuning?
I wouldn't put a borla exhaust on a M3. Remus' system is waiting on the US launch. SuperSprint I haven't heard anything on their e92 M3 systems. While I'm sure they will have one they seem to be taking their time. GruppeM has already confirmed with me via e-mail that they will be releasing their e92 M3 intake mid-december. But they gave me no information on their exhaust system.

GruppeM carbon fiber intake will run around $1K+, their titanium exhaust when released will probably be from $2-3k.

As for chip-tuning there is only one company that has even mentioned a chip-tuning. There is a thread about it in this forum. It also doesn't have anything pricing on their website and seems to be freshly completed so I doubt there is much reliability testing completed for it yet.

Like I said, it is still a bit too early for any after market products other than rims and tires at the moment. AM brands don't get any special treatment or jumpstart on modding these cars unless they have relationships to BMW M like ACS, Hamann, Hartge, and Alpina. However, Alpina is not much of a M modifier. They focus more on the original BMW models.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
CampioniShop
Rep
Drives: na

Our systems are ready.
Our sea freight is at the end of December, 8 weeks to get to our facility and X days to get to your location.
You would have it around end of February.
http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/coup...lr-p-1313.html
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #6
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Do you sell just the exhaust or the catback too? I saw Remus was voted number one on Bimmer magazine, is it the one where you control the noise? Can you order different tips?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #7
CampioniShop
Rep

3xNo

The M3 E92 is a Sport exhaust, not a PowerSound exhaust. It is an axle-back, not catback.
It features angled 84mm tips, you can have different tips, however you are looking at 200 - 300 euro additional depending on the tip style you choose.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #8
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

I already have my car, where can I order? Is there a difference between cat-back and the other one performance wise? I want the round tips with little holes. thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
CampioniShop
Rep

You would like those tips?:
http://www.remusexhaustshop.com/twin...v3-p-1134.html

Twin Turbo 4.02" - 102mm

We can also put on 84mm - 3.31" Twin turbo tips
4" is huge...
Here's an example of Quad 4" twin turbo:

We got great results performance wise from mufflers only. If there is a difference, it is very minimal. When we manufacture cat backs, it is mainly because the original mid pipe design is flawed and real gains are to be expected, otherwise it's only a sound mod.

If you want custom tips, you will have to contact us at info@remusexhautshop.com to set up a custom order.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #10
ChinoOrtega
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

those are the ones that I like, when will I be able to order it? It has to be delivered to my P.O Box since I don't live in the US, and how much will it cost?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #11
CampioniShop
Rep

PM answered.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #12
bigali88
Rep
Drives: M azing

I am pretty sure that I am going to either go with supersprint, gruppe M, or an eisenman ti exhaust. Based on the e46 m3 those were the "best exhausts' for my taste (I like them louder/aggressive). I might just go with a gruppe m ti because they seem to make the most aggressive sounding, but it might be too loud. If its too loud then there is always supersprint. Can't wait to hear bastuk, remus, and all the other brands. Exhaust sound is based on personal taste, there is no clear "best", just your preference.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #13
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoOrtega View Post
exhausts and air filters are coming out already, I was hoping someone could help me, I know that headers and chip are better after a while
Since you have the car, why don't you help us?
  1. Dyno the car stock
  2. Add the air filter assembly-your choice(your money)
  3. Dyno the car (optional)
  4. Un-bolt the stock exhaust and put it aside to save
  5. Add new exhaust system-your choice(your money)
  6. Dyno the car
  7. Report all findings to us at m3post

Why do we (the world) have to wait to find out about tuning potential until the car arrives in the U.S. as some have suggested here?

I don't understand, Is there is no R&D being done by owners in the countries that are lucky enough to have this car sitting in the stealerships NOW!?

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0