E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92 Angel Eyes

07-11-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
rothstein1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

E92 Angel Eyes

Hey ,

stupid question probably. on e92 , I got white xenon lights on the outside circle when full lights are on and inside there is yellow eye. When stop lights are on both eyes are in yellow colour. What i understand with changing bulps i can have both perfect white right ? on Both day lights and normal ones.

Can you also suggest any lights? I saw main thread about it and wanted to go with GP Thunder 8500 ,but those are not sold in UK easy and i dont want to wait long and order from USA. Wich can i chose even with better quality to match it and to have that perfect view ? And if i change only one bulp the white light from it will be on both eyes(circles) ?

OSS bulp i saw looks very nice , with clear eyes visible in it. But i also cant find a shop in uk with it. Wich one can be bought in normal shop even for higher amount of money ?

Here are my photos at the moment

Thx
Attached Images

Last edited by rothstein1; 07-11-2014 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
Miami
these cars become an addiction :/
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 328i

the things you're comparing are apples to oranges, a decent LED AE upgrade will run you about 180(the OSS upgrade youre talking about is 400+ with pro install or so ive heard), the GPT V2 8500k can be found for about 10 bucks, you get what you pay for.

GPT will be as-bright/brighter than most LED upgrades only during the day.
9-tenths of a second is a hell of a lot of time!!! That's walking all over the AMG. In fact, not only is that walking all over it, that's finishing, jumping out of the car, shitting in your own hand and throwing it at the AMG as it drives by to finish its lap.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 05:06 AM   #3
rothstein1
Enlisted Member
Rep

I see so with OSS i will have to pay the most and have some install needed with it too. I am looking only for changing bulp to have both eyes white xenons on day and night without any yellow colours and that i can jus change it myself quick and easy. If i am willing to pay max 100 GBP (should be around 170 USD) for it can you give me 2-3 decent bulps so then i can look for in UK shops ?

I dont want to buy the cheapiest version as i remember while changing xenon lights in Mercedes for not OEM once something went wrong with this chinese shit and i had to change whole module. Its E92 2006 Model.

Last edited by rothstein1; 07-12-2014 at 05:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #4
rothstein1
Enlisted Member
Rep

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=951698

Just saw this , 40W H8 HIGH POWER CREE LED , to buy in UK , can this be a choice?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
Miami
these cars become an addiction :/
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothstein1 View Post
I see so with OSS i will have to pay the most and have some install needed with it too. I am looking only for changing bulp to have both eyes white xenons on day and night without any yellow colours and that i can jus change it myself quick and easy. If i am willing to pay max 100 GBP (should be around 170 USD) for it can you give me 2-3 decent bulps so then i can look for in UK shops ?

I dont want to buy the cheapiest version as i remember while changing xenon lights in Mercedes for not OEM once something went wrong with this chinese shit and i had to change whole module. Its E92 2006 Model.
yes im pretty sure that the OSS upgrade youre talking about involves baking open the headlights and actually installing an LED ring. you would be without your car for a while too while they install it.

if you just want to change the color of your AE to pure white then theres different options, like i said you could go for LED AE most popular brands around here are LUX and DTEC, heard LUX has had some problems in the past with flickering but it seems to be fixed now.

i myself used to have DTEC on an older car and i liked them a lot. but for this car i just stuck some GP Thunder 7500k in the AE slot and honestly during the day it looks better than LEDs, i dont care if theyre that bright at night because i have the main beams on anyway.

do a quick search and youll find endless threads about people comparing them.
9-tenths of a second is a hell of a lot of time!!! That's walking all over the AMG. In fact, not only is that walking all over it, that's finishing, jumping out of the car, shitting in your own hand and throwing it at the AMG as it drives by to finish its lap.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
rothstein1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thx,appreciate your comments , but you are comparing day/night lights and said that during nights you have the main beam on anyway. When i make a change this bulp its responsible for both circles inside and outside right ? So for both day/night lights(beam)

Not that when i change the bulp it will only give the white lights for inside ( day) lights and for the main night ones i would have to buy another bulp
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #7
rothstein1
Enlisted Member
Rep

I got the anwser from Led Horizon about same problem. Its of course for both lights( just if anyone find this post ever in future) I saw this Lux and Dtec in Usa but in UK will go for Led Horizon white gold edition. Will give it a try
Appreciate 0