F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Need a quick favour from someone with a 2014+ model with Sirius XM
GetBMWParts

07-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Need a quick favour from someone with a 2014+ model with Sirius XM

I'm trying to find out if the Sirius XM logos are directly tied to Grace Note.

Today, Sirius XM released a new channel called Utopia (Channel 55). Can one of you guys tune into that channel and tell me if the logo shows up?

This will tell me if I just need a Grace Note update for the channel logos to appear.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
DG335
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi M Performance

No logo for me, just artist/song info.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Thanks. So for all the other channels, you see logos correct?

Looks like I need a Gracenote update and I will see the logos since my head unit is new and wasn't programmed at the dealer.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

I just checked for ya. I can get the Utopia Channel and I get artwork, but I don't think it's the right one. Looking at the web player I see the stylized UtOpia logo. In the car, I get the art work for Sirius XM Pops, which is a completely other channel. I wasn't sure what number Pops actually is on, so didn't check what I get there.

Edited: But yes, I get artwork for every channel. This is the first one that wasn't correct.

Last edited by Fronzdan; 07-17-2014 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Thanks Fronzdan!

I think Sirius XM Pops moved to internet streaming only so you won't be able to pick up that station in the car. They've been making a lot of changes today and they have 6-7 new channels and decommissioned a few.

Right now, I don't get any cover art on Sirius XM since my NBT head unit is retrofitted. Let me know if the correct logo shows up in the next few days; this will tell me for sure that it is getting the cover art from Gracenote.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 11:47 PM   #6
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

How'd you find out about the changes to the channel line up? I'm wondering if it's from those emails from Sirius i always ignore ��
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
f30GTR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 AW F30 335i M-Sport MT

I got the Utopia logo. My car didn't have Sirisu. I enabled it with FSC code. I think it is safe to say that the logos get updated through SAT. Unless NBT updates its GraceNote database using the internet connection.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #8
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
How'd you find out about the changes to the channel line up? I'm wondering if it's from those emails from Sirius i always ignore ��
I always listen to BPM and they kept announcing that Utopia was going to launch yesterday. Also, I think when you listen to The Heat, they kept announcing that they were going to launch Venus which also went live yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #9
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30GTR View Post
I got the Utopia logo. My car didn't have Sirisu. I enabled it with FSC code. I think it is safe to say that the logos get updated through SAT. Unless NBT updates its GraceNote database using the internet connection.
I think you're right. I was in a F32 435i yesterday and that one had the Utopia logo as well.

I just can't figure out why none of the channel logos will show up on my retrofitted NBT. It was flashed with psdzdata 52.1 which is very recent and yet many NBTs with lower firmware levels have it.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #10
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Nice, I was wondering why my XM ran a channel list update the other day. I'll have to check out Utopia.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #11
f30GTR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 AW F30 335i M-Sport MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
I think you're right. I was in a F32 435i yesterday and that one had the Utopia logo as well.

I just can't figure out why none of the channel logos will show up on my retrofitted NBT. It was flashed with psdzdata 52.1 which is very recent and yet many NBTs with lower firmware levels have it.
Hmm, that is weird. Have you tried with older psdzdata version. I made changes with version 52.3. The .2 won't make a difference probably. I didn't know you have to code for channel art. I upgraded my FSC and then modified my FA with 655 and that's it.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #12
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30GTR View Post
Hmm, that is weird. Have you tried with older psdzdata version. I made changes with version 52.3. The .2 won't make a difference probably. I didn't know you have to code for channel art. I upgraded my FSC and then modified my FA with 655 and that's it.
I'm using an emulator and I have a 6F FSC code from a donor VIN but I don't think that would cause the album art not to display.

I coded a 2013 F10 with the older NBT build a few months back and he was on 51.1 and I was able to enable the volume popup bar and Siri Eyes free for him by VO coding HU_NBT with the 07/13 build date. His NCD file says SDARS alnum art is enabled but he also doesn't have channel logos display.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 04:26 PM   #13
wilbur_the_goose
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 330ix Gran Turismo

I have SIRI installed by the dealer, but no SIRI artwork.

Is it supposed to be there?
Appreciate 0