F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Help: Problem with Nav after 2014-2 North American PREMIUM (CIC) upgrade
proTUNING Freaks

07-23-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
RJCrew
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M4 ZCP SO/SO

Help: Problem with Nav after 2014-2 North American PREMIUM (CIC) upgrade

Hello all. Just upgraded my maps recently to 2014 NA Premium (CIC) as soon as I try to use my Nav it does this ( see video) . The meters shuts down and resets couple times and then the map screen freezes. I tried shutting down the car and also waited couple days but still the same. So my questions..Do you guys know what is going maybe.. i downloaded the wrong batch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Did you code anything related to the navigation system? If so, you might want to VO code your head unit and maybe the KOMBI (if you coded that too) and see if that helps.

There are a few CIC codes that will hang the navigation system and/or the KOMBI (I don't remember which ones they are).

You also might want to verify that the USB stick(s) that you used to install the maps with are not corrupted. Run a file by file comparison with a known good copy of the maps and see if they are identical or not.

If there is corruption on the USB stick(s), you can try to recover from this by re-copying & verifying them, and then re-installing the maps.

It's unlikely you installed the "wrong" map. The enable codes are tied to the region you are in (North America) and the car will reject trying to install a non-matching map.

Same with the new NEXT (NBT) maps vs the older CIC (Professional) maps; you can't install NEXT maps on a CIC based car, nor a CIC map on an NBT based car.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:27 PM   #3
RJCrew
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks frogman. We coded the following

Change Navi Voice to British English

Navi Trip-Import

Navi Fuel-Stop Proposal Along Route

Add GPS Current Location to Navi Menu Items

Add Turn-Signals to HUD

Add Weather Band Radio (CIC Only)

Do you think these what causes it?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #4
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJCrew View Post
Thanks frogman. We coded the following

Change Navi Voice to British English

Navi Trip-Import

Navi Fuel-Stop Proposal Along Route

Add GPS Current Location to Navi Menu Items

Add Turn-Signals to HUD

Add Weather Band Radio (CIC Only)

Do you think these what causes it?
I don't know. If the maps verify correctly, I'd revert your HU_CIC by VO Coding it and see if that clears the issue. If it does, then reapply each code, one-by-one, to see which one is causing the issue.

Did you get the Turn Signals to work on the HUD? I coded it, but it never worked.

I have not tried "Navi fuel stop" or "Add GPS Current Location to Navi Menu Items", so I don't know if they cause issues or not.

Let us know what you find out!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
RJCrew
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
I don't know. If the maps verify correctly, I'd revert your HU_CIC by VO Coding it and see if that clears the issue. If it does, then reapply each code, one-by-one, to see which one is causing the issue.

Did you get the Turn Signals to work on the HUD? I coded it, but it never worked.

I have not tried "Navi fuel stop" or "Add GPS Current Location to Navi Menu Items", so I don't know if they cause issues or not.

Let us know what you find out!
Thanks Frogman we did reverted my HU-CIC and we re-apply all of them at one time and it is working fine now.

Turn Signal is added too but like you said it is not working

Navi fuel stop is not working either.. I'm guessing I need to put a long trip to find out...we will see when I go to Bimmerfest next week.

Anyway thanks again...
Appreciate 0