THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Poor Bluetooth Audio Streaming

07-26-2014, 05:29 AM   #1
jb606
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 430i xDrive

Poor Bluetooth Audio Streaming

I've been searching the web looking for answers to this but I wanted to see if anyone else has had an issue with streaming Bluetooth audio from their Android phone. Basically the phone keeps dropping/skipping any audio I try to stream from the phone. The issue is a bit intermittent sometimes it will work perfect for 15-20 minutes and others it just skips like a scratched audio CD until I get fed up with it and switch over to the radio. I've tried changing the location of the phone (interference) and re-pairing the phone to the car. Nothing seems to work. I've also checked the BMW site for software updates and I'm running a newer software version than can be downloaded (2.38-15)

At first I thought my phone was the issue until I realized that the phone worked perfectly in my old Infiniti and still works on my base no-options GTI. There has got to be something wrong either with the software in the car or how the phone and car are handling the audio stream. Before I call the dealership I want to make sure I'm not missing some goofy setting in the car.

Phone: Galaxy Nexus (v4.3)
Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
CONTROL ONE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

No issues here.

Tested with:
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- HTC M8