THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Sirius- only one channel?

08-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Sirius- only one channel?

Hi all,
I picked up my M235i a couple of weeks ago and it should come with a 1-year Sirius satellite radio subscription. However, I only see one demo channel and could not figure out how to get the other ones working. How can I fix this?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsliver
Hi all,
I picked up my M235i a couple of weeks ago and it should come with a 1-year Sirius satellite radio subscription. However, I only see one demo channel and could not figure out how to get the other ones working. How can I fix this?
In the settings you'll have a code...then call siruis number (someone from India will answer your call) to activate the 1 yr free
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Kristalov
Dr. K
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 718 GT4RS,'19 F82, '24 G87

Garage List
Your dealer should have set all that up for you. Sometimes you have to call Sirius and provide them with the details and they can start the activation.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
PABrian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Much easier than calling them, just go to www.siriusxm.com/refresh, enter the ESN there, and hit submit. Do this while the car is running, radio is not muted, and playing that Preview channel. Within a minute or two it will update and you'll get your channels.

It's best to get this going by visiting that web site as if you call them, they will have a full profile for you including a phone number and email address that they can use to pester you after your 1 year subscription is up to see if you want to renew.

If you're unfamiliar with how to get the ESN, go into Satellite Radio, hit the Option button, scroll down and select Manage Subscription, and it will show up there.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBMWBrian View Post
Much easier than calling them, just go to www.siriusxm.com/refresh, enter the ESN there, and hit submit. Do this while the car is running, radio is not muted, and playing that Preview channel. Within a minute or two it will update and you'll get your channels.

It's best to get this going by visiting that web site as if you call them, they will have a full profile for you including a phone number and email address that they can use to pester you after your 1 year subscription is up to see if you want to renew.

If you're unfamiliar with how to get the ESN, go into Satellite Radio, hit the Option button, scroll down and select Manage Subscription, and it will show up there.
^ everything you need to do is right there. Subscription is already active you just need to point the subscription to the car by doing the refresh.
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #6
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBMWBrian View Post

Thanks. Online worked. For some reason trying to call the phone number indicated in the manage subscription section in iDrive got me nowhere. That phone number does not work in Canada.
Appreciate 1